Home

MLB 14 The Show Screenshots of Brandon Phillips (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Screenshots of Brandon Phillips (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #65
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots of Brandon Phillips (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
The guy/girl (please no) standing in the entranceway.

If they are gone 1 or 2 pitches later looking at instant replay...
Don't fans move up and down the aisles already? Or am I just thinking of the vendors?

I wonder if they're finally programmed it so that the standing room only/people walking around the stadium actually are tied in with the people in the seats. For instance, if you do batting practice at Kauffman Stadium, you'll see all of the empty blue seats, but there will still be the SRO fans all in front of the stadium fountains.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #66
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Don't fans move up and down the aisles already? Or am I just thinking of the vendors?
It's both vendors and fans. I'm hoping they actually have people filing out of the stadium early during blowouts instead of the crowd just disappearing after the middle of the inning.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #67
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
It's both vendors and fans. I'm hoping they actually have people filing out of the stadium early during blowouts instead of the crowd just disappearing after the middle of the inning.
Same. Anything that is real-time (alongside lighting) would just be a fantastic touch and really scream next-gen to me.

I'd love to see how an 18-inning day game would progress from first pitch to last pitch, regarding how many fans there are and how the day goes by. This is only assuming these kinds of things are implemented in the game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #68
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Same. Anything that is real-time (alongside lighting) would just be a fantastic touch and really scream next-gen to me.

I'd love to see how an 18-inning day game would progress from first pitch to last pitch, regarding how many fans there are and how the day goes by. This is only assuming these kinds of things are implemented in the game.
Yeah I agree with you on all of that. I'm all for it. I don't expect them to have all of that in in year 1. Maybe over time, but something that would def scream next gen and as close to real life as you could get. I would also like to see more interaction with standing room crowds on concourses. That is the one part of the stadium in real life with constant movement and on the game it's just a few people at a time.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #69
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: 2 Brandon Phillips PS4 screenshots w/article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
From a clarity POV the game looks phenomenal...But there just seems to be a lack of texture in the players faces. When comparing it to 2k14 with player facial scans...It doesn't seem to have as much depth.
Agreed. Without the proper texture the players faces look to "cartoony".

I saw this posted by ab713 in one of the screenshot threads awhile back. He added higher resolution texture to Napoli's face and it looks much better, in my opinion.

With all of that said the game is still beautiful. There were a couple in the last screenshot thread (mostly notably the Blue Jay's and O's with Cabrera sliding into third) that were absolutely jaw dropping and some of the best next gen shots I've seen from any game. Their faces though... they leave something to be desired.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »