Home

The ultimate playable camera...

This is a discussion on The ultimate playable camera... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The ultimate playable camera...

Would love to see a nearly full field (static) playable cam like this on PS4. First, I play auto-fielding, so fielding won't be an issue. Second, I could actually see the batted ball and runners in the same cam making things a bit more easier to judge base running risk/reward.

Lastly, I think actually seeing the ball would lend to more drama...take that PS3 vid that was recently posted with the Nats and Yanks...I had NO idea that the hit by Jeter was going to be a flare and drop in. Also had no idea the HR was going out. Why? Cause I'm watching a shadow instead of seeing the ball in the air.

They have this cam on replays and in HR derby, but for some reason it doesn't exist as a playable cam (or any other "fan's eye view" type of playable cam).

Last edited by WhiteM5; 03-29-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Re: The ultimate playable camera...

Did mlb 13 not have a editable camera feature? I believe 11 or 12 you were able to edit the camera angles.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
Rookie

I very much agree. High Heat (2000-2004, but 2001 mostly) was the best game of baseball I ever played until the current MLB The Show series (and a close mention to Earl Weaver on PC from 25 years ago). This camera was very much what they had, and I agree it would be an AWESOME addition.

I played High Heat with auto fielding, but have gone to manual (with assist) for The Show. The camera would pan left or right depending on where the ball was hit in High Heat. Using manual fielding, I still think this one above would be the best camera to use, and I think the panning would allow the camera to be a little higher and closer (a little) and could pan left/right for corner hits.

On defense, I currently use the High Camera (medium for hitting). I like the Broadcast Camera (or whatever it is called); it looks great, but for playing I think High Camera is best on defense.

I think the camera suggested above would be even better and would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see this in there sometime. Curious about the new "dynamic" camera, though I don't understand what it is. (hint: video please?...someone)

Last edited by Billy...a_kid; 03-29-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Did mlb 13 not have a editable camera feature? I believe 11 or 12 you were able to edit the camera angles.
For replays, yes, but in game there was only High-Medium-Low-Presentation (or whatever it was called).
Old 03-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy...a_kid
For replays, yes, but in game there was only High-Medium-Low-Presentation (or whatever it was called).
I'm thought for sure the custom cams were some playable ones.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm thought for sure the custom cams were some playable ones.

M.K.
Knight165
For batting and pitching, but no custom camera for fielding.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy...a_kid
For batting and pitching, but no custom camera for fielding.
I see he's saying he wouldn't mind because he uses auto.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'll just say that I agree. I've been asking for a respectable broadcast camera since one was introduced in 2010. Four years later, it seems they're going the other way with things. The dynamic cam is cool no doubt, but as far as authenticity goes, they never got a playable broadcast camera in there. Even the ones in replays/no-doubters/home run derby are just a bit too low, like the FOX Saturday national broadcasts.

It would be very nice to see a high line drive in flight as the outfielder is running it down and it closes in on him, though. Must be a tough algorithm to crack if they tried it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »