Home

Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.99

This is a discussion on Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.99 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 14 The Show $20 upgrade

How will saving to a different platform work? I am not familiar with the practice so wouldn't it be possible that you need both discs or at least the PS3 or Vita disc to upgrade to the PS4? Or is it all cloud based or USB drive based?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #18
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.

THANK GOD!! I was worried I would have to spend another $60 on the PS4 version. Now I can enjoy the PS3 version for a month, and spend $20 to get the better version when its ready!! WOOOOO!!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.

It also appears that you have to buy the PS3 version at Gamestop to be able to trade it in later. Buying it anywhere else won't allow you to get this deal.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5
Does this yrs version have the online-pass code? Just wondering? I have it in my gamefly que at the moment...
Old 03-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
What about us Canadians??

WTF GameStop!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #22
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Does this yrs version have the online-pass code? Just wondering? I have it in my gamefly que at the moment...
They confirmed that first party Sony games will not have online passes on PS4, that is mainly because online requires PS+ on PS4. Other publishers can still require them.

People have retail copies of the PS3 version already so if it still requires one there then they'll know.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show $20 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Yeah. Gotta read the fine print. Powerup Rewards members only. Still pretty much works out the same way if you sell it on ebay. No reason you can't get $40 for it on there.
I figure a lot of people will have that plan and there might be a glut of PS3 versions for sale used once the PS4 version hits. I'm not a gamestop fan but they seem to be the best bet if you want to buy both.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
They confirmed that first party Sony games will not have online passes on PS4, that is mainly because online requires PS+ on PS4. Other publishers can still require them.

People have retail copies of the PS3 version already so if it still requires one there then they'll know.
Thanks MrOldboy. I hope the ones with the PS3 version can chime in and lets us know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »