Home

Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.99

This is a discussion on Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.99 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Pro

smiley3's Arena

OVR: 1
Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.99

It looks like their will be a trade-in offer at GameStop for MLB 14 The Show gamers that want to purchase the PS3 version and trade it in for the PS4 version. Just make sure you read the fine print.

It appears as though you have to be a PowerUp Rewards member. Will try to get more clarification. Will also try to find out if digital download gamers will get any sort of break.

Quote:
Offer available to PowerUp Rewards members only. MLB 14: The Show for PS3 must be purchased within 30 days of release. Coupon will be digitally distributed after purchase. Coupon required at time of trade. Limit 1 coupon per game per customer. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $40.00 or greater, and must be applied toward a new copy of the PS4 version of the game being traded. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $19.99 or less before tax, where applicable; offer is not valid toward additional add-on content, like DLC, or non-standard versions of game. Eligible game must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 5/31/14.
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 14 The Show $20 upgrade

tempting, but I'll pass
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Pro

smiley3's Arena

MLB 14 The Show $20 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
tempting, but I'll pass

You're going to wait it out?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn, should've kept my PS3...
Old 03-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Great news for us OSFM guys, guess I'll be buying a physical copy this year.

Wait, there's some fine print at the bottom... Powerup members only it seems. There's a free signup option I assume?

Last edited by seanjeezy; 03-31-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

Disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

"Offer available to PowerUp Rewards members only. MLB 14: The Show for PS3 must be purchased within 30 days of release. Coupon will be digitally distributed after purchase. Coupon required at time of trade. Limit 1 coupon per game per customer. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $40.00 or greater, and must be applied toward a new copy of the PS4 version of the game being traded. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $19.99 or less before tax, where applicable; offer is not valid toward additional add-on content, like DLC, or non-standard versions of game. Eligible game must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 5/31/14."

What does it take to be a PowerUp Rewards member?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
What does it take to be a PowerUp Rewards member?
Digging a little deeper, there looks to be both free and subscription membership options. No reason not to choose the free option unless you want the extra 10% trade-in value...
Old 03-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
MVP

I'm going to make do with the Vita version until the PS4 one comes out, since I'll get some use out of that one either way. Very tempting though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »