Home

PS4 May release date

This is a discussion on PS4 May release date within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #49
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: PS4 May release date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I think a lot more stores will break release date with the PS4 version if they get their shipment early, since the PS3 version is already out and selling and many storeowners wont really realize the difference..
I sure hope so. Can't wait to get this game.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 4

I've already pre-ordered it from the PS store, so I guess there's no way I'm gonna get it early huh? LOL
Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can't wait for those MLB 15 screenshots any day now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Ever play Madden?

Don't get me wrong, I posted that to add humor to this thread. But! to really think a company couldn't have features back logged for future editions....would be silly. How hard would it be to add a few new features and prepare for mass production if its basically the same game being shipped.

Most games don't make huge gameplay changes year to year, just feature based. The one major complaint I read on this forum is people complaining how games progress at a snails pace. Fortunately, The Show is a rare game that has great gameplay that is second to none in the sports gaming industry, which is why it's well respected.
I'm not sure what you are saying exactly but regarding the ps4 all the game developers, not just SCEA, had access to a developer version before the commercial ps4 went public. When SCEA first got their hands on the ps4 I don't know but that was when they began building mlbts14 ps4 from scratch. There was no way for them to "stockpile" code for the ps4 before they had a developer version to work with because the ps3 requires a different code.

Both versions were released later than the normal first Tuesday in March because developers were spread thin working on both the old and new platform versions.

There is no conspiracy as to the release date. My only concern is any bugs for the ps4 version of the mode I play, manage mode, might not get patched because they will be eager/pressured to start work on mlbts15. But who knows, maybe we will get lucky and there will be no bugs.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #53

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I think a lot more stores will break release date with the PS4 version if they get their shipment early, since the PS3 version is already out and selling and many storeowners wont really realize the difference..
Doubt it, I think what we will see is an increase in the stories we heard this year of people who saw the ps3 version on shelves early who get excited only to find it won't scan at the register.

This won't be any different, still won't scan early.

Now stores doing it intentionally, that would be a different story.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Doubt it, I think what we will see is an increase in the stories we heard this year of people who saw the ps3 version on shelves early who get excited only to find it won't scan at the register.

This won't be any different, still won't scan early.

Now stores doing it intentionally, that would be a different story.

I agree 100%

Big box stores and chains risk fines and possibly other penalties for breaking street date.

There are also systems in place to prevent the transaction at the register. Some chains have mgr override for that at the register, but, the managers usually know not to override that without at least researching to find out if it should be overriden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #55
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm not sure what you are saying exactly but regarding the ps4 all the game developers, not just SCEA, had access to a developer version before the commercial ps4 went public. When SCEA first got their hands on the ps4 I don't know but that was when they began building mlbts14 ps4 from scratch. There was no way for them to "stockpile" code for the ps4 before they had a developer version to work with because the ps3 requires a different code.

Both versions were released later than the normal first Tuesday in March because developers were spread thin working on both the old and new platform versions.

There is no conspiracy as to the release date. My only concern is any bugs for the ps4 version of the mode I play, manage mode, might not get patched because they will be eager/pressured to start work on mlbts15. But who knows, maybe we will get lucky and there will be no bugs.
Take it for what it's worth, but reports were the PS3 version was done in February they decided to release it April 1 to go along with Opening Day. Pretty sure their focus has been on the PS4 since. Also they didn't have Dev kits well ahead of the PS4 launch like some thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #56
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Take it for what it's worth, but reports were the PS3 version was done in February they decided to release it April 1 to go along with Opening Day. Pretty sure their focus has been on the PS4 since. Also they didn't have Dev kits well ahead of the PS4 launch like some thought.
Where did these reports come from? The PS3 version definitely was not finished in February.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »