Home

Great Deal on PS4s at Best Buy

This is a discussion on Great Deal on PS4s at Best Buy within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great Deal on PS4s at Best Buy

Just picked a PS4 this week at Best Buy in anticipation for MLB 14: The Show coming out in May and wanted to let everyone know the good deal that I got on it.

Best Buy is offering 18 months financing, if you use a Best Buy credit card, for purchases over $429. I already had a BB card for a 55" 3D TV that I picked a few years ago, which had 36 months financing.

For the PS4, it comes out to about $25 per month for 18 months. I just had to pick up a DVD to push me over $429, since the PS4 with MI sales taxes was $424. Great deal on my bank account! Can't wait for May 6th!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Great Deal on PS4s at Best Buy

Good deal.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 04-07-2014, 01:46 AM   #3
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Anyone considering financing deals like this (Amazon also offers a similar deal) just be careful, one late or returned payment and it makes this a bad deal.

Plus the fine print of the an annual fee of $0-59 can be charged depending on creditworthiness. Make sure that you are not being charged an annual fee or that also ruins the deal.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Pro

Seriously if you need to look at financing to purchase a ps4 you should just keep the ps3 and save up and buy one next year.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Seriously if you need to look at financing to purchase a ps4 you should just keep the ps3 and save up and buy one next year.
I agree. No point in financing just to get a PS4.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #6
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't get why its a bad idea. As long as you make the payments, its a good way to build up credit too. The Best Buy card is the only credit card I have. I've used it to buy several TV's, two PS3s, my kitchen appliances and more. I always overpay on the bill so its paid off before the deadline.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I don't get why its a bad idea. As long as you make the payments, its a good way to build up credit too. The Best Buy card is the only credit card I have. I've used it to buy several TV's, two PS3s, my kitchen appliances and more. I always overpay on the bill so its paid off before the deadline.
This. It's only a bad idea if you are incapable of paying a bill. I purchased mine on this same deal (Best Buy) because I did not want to pay $500 in one blow. I paid it off in a few months, paid no interest, and have it prepped and ready for MLB 14.

People assume that financing something means you don't have the money to buy it outright. Not true. If anything it is smart and saves money if you can budget. Sadly a lot of people can't, which leads to deals like this seeming like a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
With this deal, essentially you get the PS4 immediately AND put money towards it. So instead of spending 3-4 months saving, doing the same exact thing (technically) you would be doing by paying the bill, you have it immediately. Maybe I am just impatient lol. Either way I have a PS4 and can't wait for MLB 14 to come out on it.

Last edited by eaw913; 04-08-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #8
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Agreed - I used this 18 month promo to purchase the Xbox One at launch(Bought PS4 with cash and trade-in credit) We just throw 75-100 on it each month. It's only a bad deal if you don't have the funds to pay it back, or you struggle staying on top of bills. I do agree with the thought that if you're financing it because finances prohibit you from saving up and buying it cash, and the situation is not likely to change, then probably not the best idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »