Home

MLB 14 The Show Video Comparison Between the PS3 and PS4 Versions

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video Comparison Between the PS3 and PS4 Versions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #25
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Gamespot PS3 vs PS4 Comparison video

I was explaining to my girlfriend a couple days ago how awesome this game will be on the PS4 and how funny enough, its also the worst version of MLB The Show that we'll be getting on the PS4. I went back and showed her MLB 07 on the PS3 then MLB 14 screenshots and that in its self looks like a generation to generation jump.

Yeah the game looks great and I love it but knowing their attention to detail, in the next 2-3 versions of the game I know I could think of a hundred little things that I'm sure the team has thought of and more.

Now that's not me dogging these guys or this game, I think it looks brilliant as it is, that was more or less talking to the hard work and attention to detail these guys go through.

In the future I'd expect to see some crazy things like the straps on the catcher's mask acting like cloth. Clothing that moves and acts like real fabric. I think I also read that create a stadium is in the plans for the future? The sky is the limit and they've had the restraints removed. In the coming years the need to have the PS3 and PS4 versions feature for feature matching will be less and the TRUE power of the PS4 will be utilized, especially since they now have an engine built for the system.

So like I said, as awesome as this looks, it blows the mind even more to realize that THIS is the WORST VERSION of MLB The Show we will have on the PS4. I can't wait for May 6th so I can happily play with the "worst"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #26
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggazoo
As good as it looks, the PS4 version isn't $500 better.
Hello! No game is. No sport event ticket is! There is very few things in life that are worth dropping $500 at one time, other than a roof over your head. BUT! If you were planning to get a PS4 within the next two years. Its no time like present if you have the cash to just do it...

Last edited by decga; 04-09-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really looking forward to this. Even If I do still need to buy a PS4/New TV and the game.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video Comparison Between the PS3 and PS4 Versions

wasnt what I was expecting but to me it looks like 2x better character models, 5x better crowd, and 50x better lighting
Old 04-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4
Stadiums look better...players do not. It almost feels like they put the PS3 players into PS4 stadiums. Still buying the game of course but people saying it's a "huge" difference are exaggerating.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #30
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Stadiums look better...players do not. It almost feels like they put the PS3 players into PS4 stadiums. Still buying the game of course but people saying it's a "huge" difference are exaggerating.
Pretty much agree with this.

The stadiums, lighting and coulours are beautiful.

The player models, uniforms look very very similar. The lighting improves them somewhat though.
I was hoping to see some nice twill/dazzle textures for the uniform scripts ala 2K.

Im glad the devs have addressed the models though both here and gaf.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #31
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
The real looking hair will make a big difference in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #32
Rookie

beedl001's Arena

OVR: 3

I thought the colors in the PS4 were much brighter and not as washed out as the PS3. The colors, especially in the background and the grass looked much more vibrant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »