Home

2 new modes added easily?

This is a discussion on 2 new modes added easily? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

OVR: 6
2 new modes added easily?

i've been wondering this for a LONG time (Since mlb 09).. BUT... why not add 2 modes that would greatly broaden the appeal of baseball to all types of gamers. Right now, THE SHOW appeals very much to the baseball SIM crowd, with the addition of quick counts now broadening the market to a more average baseball fan crowd... but why not add...

1. PCI + cursor hitting? Similar to games of old, (i.e. Ken Griffey Junior Baseball on N64) why not add the inclusion of an option in the menus, to turn on a pitch location indicator, where the batter tries to align the pci markers to the pitch location square? The pitch marker would still drift as the ball reaches the catchers mitt, keeping the challenge of aligning a clean hit. But this would easily appeal to all the baseball players of old who grew up on this stuff, as a more "arcade-like" experience. MLB the show has always been about options galore, this inclusion seems like a no brainer. The pitch box AND pci markers are already in the game. AND it would be a simple option within the menus to turn on or off. It would really be the full baseball experience for all types of gamers.

Here is a photoshopped image illustrating the idea.

and here is a link to MLB featuring Ken Griffey Jr to illustrate the type of gameplay i'm referring to... skip to 4min15sec for gameplay (to those unfamiliar with it, read the comments as well to see the large following for this game)

2. RBI BASEBALL MODE...Why not include a 'VINTAGE-like' mode where you're essentially hitting with a broadcast camera(I think that's the right one) behind the batter and way up high, but with an option in the menus that would essentially turn off the height of pitches. That way, users could use classic pitching, with timed hitting, from a HIGH camera view, without the hit and miss of high pitches or low pitches. It would be based strictly on timing like games of old. ALSO would allow players to play games while enjoying more of a stadium view. I would imagine this would take more work than the #1 request, but i think it COULD be done. I mean, they've released a new RBI baseball arcade game on PSN and XBL BECAUSE there is a market for such a game. And if MLB The show has the tools in place, why not make the game even stronger with options.

Some examples to represent the camera view i'm talking about....

I love the show, and i'm not saying it NEEDS improvement because it's an amazing game, but it would be a DREAM if i could relive the baseball games of my youth, but with "the shows" graphics/physics/universe.

I just hope Ramone or Woodweaver at least SEE this request, that way i can at least let it rest knowing i'm heard. THanks

Last edited by spaceg0st; 04-14-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
re: 2 new modes added easily?

No 'hey dev' threads allowed. Pretty in-depth post though.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

YouTube

Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0

Very well thought out ideas there. Just wanna say though to watch out for the "hey devs" type of threads, as though aren't allowed in here. Like I said, this is very well thought out and everything, just don't want to see you get in trouble for the "hey come look at this Ramone" type thread. Just tryin' to help
Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

fixed. Thanks, didn't know about the 'no calling out.' SOrry.

Last edited by spaceg0st; 04-10-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2 new modes added easily?

1. Is the one thing I have been waiting for in the show for it to be perfect for me. The older mlb 2k games (the ones that didn't suck circa 2k3 and 2k4) had this. I wouldn't even mind if the pitch indicator was off. I would be ok with a smaller pci that moved. GREAT IDEA....HET DEVS PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!!

2. Maybe I just don't understand what you are asking for but it seems like timing only hitting from the broadcast view would be close....

Wait a sec are you referring to Hardball on the Commodore 64 style baseball. If so AWSOME!!!! Lefty Tommy Euler with the screwball is the ultimate ace. Loved that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

More like the MLB games from the NES days
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st
More like the MLB games from the NES days
the Ken Griffey Jr games on SNES came to mind
Old 04-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

i sure would love if ramone or woodweaver would see this. I'd hate it to be lost in the sea of posts. Anybody with connections out there that could help? I'd sure appreciate it.

Last edited by spaceg0st; 04-14-2014 at 12:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »