Home

Love the new screens but will the lighting look like actual lighting at night?

This is a discussion on Love the new screens but will the lighting look like actual lighting at night? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Love the new screens but will the lighting look like actual lighting at night?

I'm not sure what the technical term is and I don't recall seeing a pic of a night game where the lights are being shown off. I attached a crappy pick of Backbreaker to show what I mean by the lighting. I think NFL2k5 had something similar to their night games as well.

I think the over all lighting is looking good. I'm just curious on how the actual lights shine down to the field.

Thanks,
Blitz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg backbreakervengeance8.jpg (148.5 KB, 391 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Love the new screens but will the lighting look like actual lighting at night?

Ahhhhh!!!!!!

Too....

Much....

Lens flare!!!! My eyes!!!!!!!!

Not sure what you're asking here man. Have you seen the beautiful screens floating around yet?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Love the new screens but will the lighting look like actual lighting at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Ahhhhh!!!!!!

Too....

Much....

Lens flare!!!! My eyes!!!!!!!!

Not sure what you're asking here man. Have you seen the beautiful screens floating around yet?
Ya, I figured I wasn't making much sense! lol I agree too much lens flare but do the lights in night games for the show have any lens flare? I guess that was my question. I love the screens they have shown so far. Looks amazing! Just wondering how the actual lights shine...
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Ya, I figured I wasn't making much sense! lol I agree too much lens flare but do the lights in night games for the show have any lens flare? I guess that was my question. I love the screens they have shown so far. Looks amazing! Just wondering how the actual lights shine...
Watch the video showing off the stadiums. It shows plenty of night time lighting and what to expect.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Actually, good news OP: to these eyes the nighttime lighting is the single biggest improvement this year. It looks fantastic. Best nighttime lighting in sports gaming history (that I've seen anyway).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I think the night time lighting will be good too, but I think the OP was referring to the actual lights themselves and how the beams of light make their way downward. I have never liked the light coming from the light fixtures in The Show. They looked like sprites from the PS2 days. The MLB2K series, for all its problems, really had the lights dialed in properly. It was tasteful and not overdone like Backbreaker. I too hope that this is more realistic in The Show on next gen.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

good, The MLB2K series, for all its problems, really had the lights dialed in properly. It was tasteful and not overdone like Backbreaker. I too hope that this is more realistic in The Show on next gen.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

There was a screen shot of the Cardinals stadium with the sun setting in the west, it was beautiful and almost photo-realistic except that the stadium lights appeared to have a flat gray texture and it didn't look like they were turned on. Kind of ruined the screenshot, actually, given how great everything else looked.

So, not sure what to expect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »