Home

Improved box scores?

This is a discussion on Improved box scores? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Improved box scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
This will be improved for 2015.
I have been sending sample box scores since 2008 trying to get this improved. There has been no movement, not sure why 2015 would be any different.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #10
Rookie

xKaoTicxLegEndx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce
YES!! I've wanted this for a long time. When a guy hits a HR (or whatever) in franchise/season, I want to be able to see on the box score his total for the season in parentheses.

Example:
2B: Pence 2 (15), Crawford (7)
HR: Posey (13), Pagan 2 (5)

This would make it way easier to keep track of how your team is performing while simming games. I sim/manage one game at a time and would love to be able to keep track of these totals without going back into the lineups/manage roster sections. Most real-life box scores do this, The Show should too.
If I'm not mistaken, the example you gave above already happens in the game. I know it was in previous iterations. I'll take a look at it in this year's game, but I don't see why they would take that out.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I have been sending sample box scores since 2008 trying to get this improved. There has been no movement, not sure why 2015 would be any different.
Why?

Perhaps because now they have a lot more memory to work with? And maybe they just did not have time to add it to MLB 14 The Show with it being the first version on the PS4. But I bet Russell knows the reason why we have yet to get this kind of box score in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Why?

Perhaps because now they have a lot more memory to work with? And maybe they just did not have time to add it to MLB 14 The Show with it being the first version on the PS4. But I bet Russell knows the reason why we have yet to get this kind of box score in the game.
It's not a priority. One day I am sure it will make its way in.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKaoTicxLegEndx
If I'm not mistaken, the example you gave above already happens in the game. I know it was in previous iterations. I'll take a look at it in this year's game, but I don't see why they would take that out.
It didn't happen in 13, or before that, as far as I can remember. I haven't played 14 yet, waiting for PS4.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #14
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04

Thanks for the boxscore support nemesis04! I think the stat type baseball players will continue to be 'short sheeted' in The Show series.

I also realize everyone has certain hot spots they would like to have implemented. The great thing is that I will be playing the best sport game in the world.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #15
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

I believe he's talking about going to the schedule and picking a date where the games have already been played and selecting a box score. The totals are in the box score you get after playing a game before you exit to the menu, but once you exit out the totals are no longer there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKaoTicxLegEndx

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
Thanks for the boxscore support nemesis04! I think the stat type baseball players will continue to be 'short sheeted' in The Show series.

I also realize everyone has certain hot spots they would like to have implemented. The great thing is that I will be playing the best sport game in the world.

Yes, it will probably always be the Best sports game ever made, year in sand year out.

BUT .... To not have in-depth stats in the near future with MLB 2015 would be extremely pathetic. What is more important, some little things like guys doing push-ups in the outfield, or the Bread-and-Butter of baseball -- STATS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »