Home

They fixed the blue jays blue!

This is a discussion on They fixed the blue jays blue! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: They fixed the blue jays blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Is it whining to say a jersey color is wrong ? Or feedback to have it fixed in a later update or version of the game ?
Depending on how it is said, it could be either. If you don't recognize that there has been more whining than reporting, well, I don't know what to tell you.

2 years ago it was the Rangers road colors; last year it was the Blue Jays; this year (so far) it has been the Washington Nationals.

It is just odd that people don't enjoy what they have, but instead find reasons to complain about all they can find wrong. There will be mistakes. It is a VIDEO GAME, not real life.

The level of "I better get what I think is right" is astounding in today's society. I cannot comment any longer because I am not trying to argue about this, I am just beyond astounded.

Last edited by Billy...a_kid; 04-18-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #82
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Sony just made hundreds of banned OS members very happy!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #83
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy...a_kid
In the age of the Internet and cell phones, people act as if they are "owed" perfection.
Quote:
there are mistakes, yes, but enjoy what you have and stop whining about it.
Quote:
The level of "I better get what I think is right" is astounding in today's society. I cannot comment any longer because I am not trying to argue about this, I am just beyond astounded.
...so the thread is headed to this kind of hyperbole now?

Sony had an inaccurate jersey color. (It doesn't constitute "get what I think is right" when it's a legitimate error.) This is not the end of the world, but it bothers players who use that team.

Sony is able to fix this error, and now it turns to whether or not it was a big enough deal to change? Come on.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #84
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK

NotoriousReignz's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Next up - yankees numbers being way too low.
Can this even be fixed or does it always look like that because player names would normally be above the number for other teams?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #85
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousReignz
Can this even be fixed or does it always look like that because player names would normally be above the number for other teams?
The Yankees uniforms won't be fixed until they use more than 2 uniform templates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #86
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Depending on how it is said, it could be either. If you don't recognize that there has been more whining than reporting, well, I don't know what to tell you.

2 years ago it was the Rangers road colors; last year it was the Blue Jays; this year (so far) it has been the Washington Nationals.

It is just odd that people don't enjoy what they have, but instead find reasons to complain about all they can find wrong. There will be mistakes. It is a VIDEO GAME, not real life.

Here's a thought: everybody doesn't have the same priorities as you. For some people, immersion is the most important, or one of the most important aspects of the game.

I'm not a blue jays fan and even I was annoyed by how off the color was. And it was off for years, not just 13. I'm pretty sure if the Yankees blue was this color:

people would be a little more receptive to criticisms. But since it's the Blue Jays, people are more likely to just dismiss the fact that the color is 40 shades off.

I get it though, you don't like "whiners." But you've spent post after post whining about the whiners. Kind of ironic.

We all know The Show is amazing and gets 95 out of 100 things right. But if we don't make noise about the 5 wrong things, they may not get fixed. As we can see, the complaints of the Blue Jays color seem to have paid off. That's awesome. I, and others here, love how active SCEA is in this community and how receptive they are to constructive criticism and recommendations. Why people want to stifle that open exchange of opinions and ideas I'll never understand.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #87
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

It's not that we feel "entitled" to what's right, or that the devs owe us something; we are COMPLETELY grateful for what they do, and we know that it's hard work. But the thing is, is that the Blue Jays unis have been the wrong color for a long, long time, and now it's fixed. We're happy it's fixed, and really appreciate that Russell and the other devs even listen to us, and come to this site to interact with us. Nobody is ungrateful, or even complaining. We're giving them feedback as to what we think should be fixed.

In a game like The Show, the little things mean a lot. It's more than just "hurr durr, hit da baseball and watch it go". We love the devs for what they do, the work they put in, and we know that when we drop $60 (more in other countries now), we're getting a fantastic game, not just a fantastic baseball game.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 3

This thread still going on, eh? What a buncha hosers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »