Home

They fixed the blue jays blue!

This is a discussion on They fixed the blue jays blue! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #57
Banned

ZealousMonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: They fixed the blue jays blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy...a_kid
I'm glad they fixed it (especially for Blue Jay fans who were upset), but I actually didn't mind the darker blue. I thought it was a good color.

I also look at it and wonder why, with the 1000's of great things about this game, people get so hung up on minor issues. That is not meant offensively, but it is minor, and you can still play the game with it. Yes, other teams have minor mistakes (which are annoying and would be nice to be fixed), but when you look at this game...BY FAR, the best baseball game ever made, and there have been a few other really good ones, so I cannot help but just love how it plays!!!

Color, create-a-player, wrong named manager...this game is FAR TOO AWESOME! to let that drag it down for me.

(plus, Babe Ruth can now be #3, Mays can be #24; Aaron can now be #44; PLUS, my C doesn't have to play SS anymore when he is the last bench player and pinch hits for the SS, while the back-up SS pinch-ran for the C on 2nd base {which also meant I had the SS stuck at C [now that one made "those" games unplayable/unrealistic; that was one worth complaining about and it is now fixed]})
Seriously dude, I don't even know how you can be so obtuse. Anyone in their right mind knows full well that older color is pretty much not acceptable. I am sorry Blue Jays fans had to deal with it for so long. If I was a hardcore Jays fan there is no way I could even play the game in those jerseys knowing the color was that off. I mean that is like WAY off man. Some people just don't really seem affected by details and seem to lack any understanding about history and accuracy.

I mean why don't we just start changing colors of all the teams and see how that goes? Who cares right? From a gameplay standpoint The Show has always played well for its time. I don't think that is the only concern people have with a SIMULATION of MLB BASEBALL.

I'm also questioning if people are seriously color blind? How can you not tell that is a different color?

Honestly, if the community here ever stops demanding tiny details to be added I would never come back to this place because it would be totally useless. Some people are way too easily amused.

Last edited by ZealousMonkey; 04-17-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #58
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

It's so good I might just have to go the blue jays now.

One of the best jerseys in mlb
Old 04-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #59
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Ramone, is it too late to let everyone that it only appears that shade of blue on Jackie Robinson Day?

Spoiler

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 04-17-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:17 AM   #60
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Im glad they fixed it, whatever they changed. Sucks that Brett doesnt have his tattoos, hopefully that gets changed in the future but isn't that something to do with the MLB and that they wont allow tons of tattoos?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #61
Banned

ZealousMonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
Im glad they fixed it, whatever they changed. Sucks that Brett doesnt have his tattoos, hopefully that gets changed in the future but isn't that something to do with the MLB and that they wont allow tons of tattoos?
I think they changed the blue color in their jerseys. I'm not quite sure though. It still looks the same.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #62
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy...a_kid
I'm glad they fixed it (especially for Blue Jay fans who were upset), but I actually didn't mind the darker blue. I thought it was a good color.

I also look at it and wonder why, with the 1000's of great things about this game, people get so hung up on minor issues. That is not meant offensively, but it is minor, and you can still play the game with it. Yes, other teams have minor mistakes (which are annoying and would be nice to be fixed), but when you look at this game...BY FAR, the best baseball game ever made, and there have been a few other really good ones, so I cannot help but just love how it plays!!!

Color, create-a-player, wrong named manager...this game is FAR TOO AWESOME! to let that drag it down for me.

(plus, Babe Ruth can now be #3, Mays can be #24; Aaron can now be #44; PLUS, my C doesn't have to play SS anymore when he is the last bench player and pinch hits for the SS, while the back-up SS pinch-ran for the C on 2nd base {which also meant I had the SS stuck at C [now that one made "those" games unplayable/unrealistic; that was one worth complaining about and it is now fixed]})
It really isn't minor, My two teams are Cleveland and Toronto, I tried repeatedly over the past few years and found it difficult to have continued interest playing as either team because of uniform flaws. Some miscues can be chalked up to the style guide and some really don't seem to have much to do with it. That being said, we don't really know what it's like to develop but in the end facts are it can be tough to get past something glaring you notice every time you look at one of your players, which in turn makes you start franchises or seasons with another club you don't mind as much but have perfect uniforms (and usually nice ballparks)
It's one thing if say from far away the back of a players jersey is a little jagged but when entire parts of a uniform aren't a correct color it can be tough to ignore.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #63
Banned

ZealousMonkey's Arena

I agree with you. And I would like to add that it wasn't like this by ANY means at first. I played all the versions of The Show. It's only after about 3 or so years of the same mistake that it really starts to bug some of us. I notice a lot of rookies seem to wonder why people care so much.... well, some of us have been playing this since 2007 dudes.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #64
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
I'm curious how the tattoos work as Yadi has his neck tattoos and I think Prince does as well. Not a big deal to me, just wondering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »