Home

Digital version available to play at Midnight on May 6th!

This is a discussion on Digital version available to play at Midnight on May 6th! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #25
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Digital version available to play at Midnight on May 6th!

This is indeed a awesome feature. Steam does this. It is quite the tease seeing it on your system but not able to play for a few days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #26
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

So would this be a better idea than ordering online and waiting an extra 2 weeks? Where I am at generally takes something 2-3 weeks to get here even with Amazon Prime....but I also don't have the fastest internet (500 KB/S up to a 1 mb/s DL) If I preorderded digitally would it be ready to go on the 6th for sure? It may take awhile to download.

I also don't see an option to pre-order via digital on the website? Can it even be pre-ordered right now?

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 04-19-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #27
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
So would this be a better idea than ordering online and waiting an extra 2 weeks? Where I am at generally takes something 2-3 weeks to get here even with Amazon Prime....but I also don't have the fastest internet (500 KB/S up to a 1 mb/s DL) If I preorderded digitally would it be ready to go on the 6th for sure? It may take awhile to download.

I also don't see an option to pre-order via digital on the website? Can it even be pre-ordered right now?

It would certainly be faster than waiting 2 weeks

After the next PS4 firmware update, you will be able to pre-download games. So you could go on the Playstation Network, purchase the game, and then begin downloading it a few days ahead of time. Then when midnight strikes on May 6th (not sure what time this would be where you live) you will be able to begin playing it instantly
Old 04-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 0

I preordered today so when the update hits do I have to download it or will it automatically do it
Old 04-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #29
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

We don't know. We don't even know for sure that this game will have that feature. It's all just speculation. I'm personally waiting to purchase a digital download until it's all confirmed that I can be playing at 12:01am est. Otherwise I'll hit the Walmart 5 mins away and be home by 12:10am with snacks and some beers.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
I preordered today so when the update hits do I have to download it or will it automatically do it
It may automatically do it if you have automatic downloads turned on, but to be safe, I'm manually doing it, you should too just to make sure.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:51 AM   #31
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
It would certainly be faster than waiting 2 weeks

After the next PS4 firmware update, you will be able to pre-download games. So you could go on the Playstation Network, purchase the game, and then begin downloading it a few days ahead of time. Then when midnight strikes on May 6th (not sure what time this would be where you live) you will be able to begin playing it instantly
I hope it allows us to download, at least, a week earlier. It is taking me awhile to DL MLB 14 on PS3......

Anyone know the size of the file? PS3 is 21 GB?.

I won't cancel my Amazon pre-order until I can get some more information. I am just skeptical on this digital stuff. I am now hearing that people couldn't install MLB 14 and had to re-download it multiple times. That isn't an option for me. It would take months to do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #32
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I hope it allows us to download, at least, a week earlier. It is taking me awhile to DL MLB 14 on PS3......

Anyone know the size of the file? PS3 is 21 GB?.

I won't cancel my Amazon pre-order until I can get some more information. I am just skeptical on this digital stuff. I am now hearing that people couldn't install MLB 14 and had to re-download it multiple times. That isn't an option for me. It would take months to do that.
I sure hope this is true. I'm cancelling all pre-orders and getting to download. Please Sony, Baseball and I haven't snuggled in months!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »