Home

New Attributes Needed/Wanted

This is a discussion on New Attributes Needed/Wanted within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
New Attributes Needed/Wanted

"''''''''''''''''
#44Syracuse

Last edited by Ghost Of The Year; 03-06-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
MVP

Re: New Attributes Needed/Wanted

I doubt they could pull that off with year to year saves, at least not in franchise.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Receiving for catchers.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

There need to be pull/push tendencies that are editable. Same with swing trajectory. Hell, hot zones for that matter.

We might have to look into "weapons" soon, something that separates players besides the numbers. Even if it is only a visual thing, not all players act the same out there.

The last thing to consider is a "standard error measurement" of sorts, only this time it will be a maximum instead of a mean. A player who is an 84 power shouldn't always be a 84 power, that should just be their "mean"/max power. Then there is an SEM value which determines their +/- differential of how far off the max/mean they are at any time. Like, if they have an SEM of 7, then 68% of the time their power will be between 77-84, 95% of the time it will be between 70-84, and 99.7% of the time it will be between 63-84. It will allow for more differentiation in contact and such. This will allow for some players to have "raw power," and for others to be plenty consistent. This player is an example of somewhat raw power, for sure.

There are still a lot of things they can consider here, but it everything from hereon out is just incredibly hard to measure.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I've always been a fan of traits. Was it MVP that had them? It helps separate elite players from good players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #6
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

What there needs to be are some traits that are "personality" ones but it might bother some of the players. I want some that are season specific such as a clutch rating or maybe a passion rating that can vary based on age/previous success in winning a championship/individual goals still attainable. Whatever. Give me a reason to trade for an aging player with one more chance at winning or accomplishing a milestone.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

Love all the suggestions in the thread so far. I do agree with sean jeez about catchers. You can pretty much stick anybody back there and they will catch it (throwing out runners not as much, but I've played a SS at catcher just because and it never gave me any issues). It would be great to see the elite defensive catchers have that special power in the game. They block/stop many more balls in the dirt than the average Joe Schmoe. If you stick Jesus montero back there you should suffer a little bit more

I think it would be cool to have a hustle attribute. Certain players ALWAYS bust it down the line, a lot of guys don't. It'd be cool to have guys be tough outs that cause fielders to force throws, and I don't just mean by speed. A lot of guys without elite speed make it down the line quickly forcing errant throws
Old 04-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #8
MVP

og236's Arena

I would love to see a Frame rating for catchers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »