Home

No numbers in the runners window...why?

This is a discussion on No numbers in the runners window...why? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #33
Rookie

gwshark9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No numbers in the runners window...why?

As long as the numberless runner rounding third doesn't slow down anymore Ill be happy, which from all the videos I've seen it looks like it has been corrected!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
But they don't have baserunner windows (not in this form) in real life broadcasts. This is strictly a tool of necessity for a video GAME. Just like the player indicator. So there is no real-life example to go by. (meaning not commonplace; before someone runs to Google.)

The target for the game is 1080p 60fps, so if that was a sacrifice for achieving that, then it is indeed a small one.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro
Given that it's year 1 on a new system it's understandable that Sony may have to cut somethings out. I would hope that going forward in year 2 and so on that Sony will be able to include a lot of the little things that had to be cut out like Numbers and names on players backs in the running windows and other things like fans catching and picking up foul balls and Home Runs and also the rosin bag on the pitchers mound in real time with the pitcher picking up and throwing it down and also real life LED boards with stats though out the stadiums instead of just always seeing the scrolling team logos.

Hopefully these things will be possible in the near future thanks to the power of the PS4.

Last edited by tnixen; 04-22-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
It matters because when you preach authenticity and realism, having the runner in the window without number or a totally different player sticks out and although small it still matters. I could say the blue jays uniform color doesn't matter and or I never even noticed but they are fans that do care and have noticed it so I'm not gonna push them to the side and dismiss them. Don't dismiss our issues because you don't feel the same.
You have no idea if it matters outside of a child like entitlement of expecting everything you want. It is a given that to have the numbers would have involved a memory sacrifice elsewhere (that you most likely would have been just as quick to gripe about) or a frame rate hit that I can guarantee you the majority would not have preferred. The Blue Jays color while also a petty issue is a terrible comparison and has nothing in common from a game development perspective as it has nothing to do with being a memory issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #36
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
You have no idea if it matters outside of a child like entitlement of expecting everything you want. It is a given that to have the numbers would have involved a memory sacrifice elsewhere (that you most likely would have been just as quick to gripe about) or a frame rate hit that I can guarantee you the majority would not have preferred. The Blue Jays color while also a petty issue is a terrible comparison and has nothing in common from a game development perspective as it has nothing to do with being a memory issue.
And you know this as fact because....

I'm willing to bet that they either didn't have time to add the # and equipment on the runners, or it was overlooked. The game is for the most part an enhanced version of the PS3 game so it can be a possible oversight by some chance. Noticeable? To me, yes. Big deal? Not even close. But I find it extremely hard to believe that even in year one of development that the system and developers are already having an issue with memory, unless, it was also a time constraint issue that involved memory.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron
And you know this as fact because....

I'm willing to bet that they either didn't have time to add the # and equipment on the runners, or it was overlooked. The game is for the most part an enhanced version of the PS3 game so it can be a possible oversight by some chance. Noticeable? To me, yes. Big deal? Not even close. But I find it extremely hard to believe that even in year one of development that the system and developers are already having an issue with memory, unless, it was also a time constraint issue that involved memory.

There are many reasons why I would know this but just to keep it simple, because Russell's quote was "sorry they are gone". You can believe whatever you want about the infinite power of the PS4, this isn't even the first thing that isn't in the game because of memory limitations. Do you think SCEA forgot to put in team uniforms in the edit player section or individual uniforms in the all star game too?
Old 04-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #38
Just started!

Whitefire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I guess even 8GB is not enough.
Just a quick note the PS4 does not actually have 8 gigs of RAM for devs to use. It is more like 4.5-5.

But this issue is a bummer, but something I have no reason to believe won't be fixed for MLB 15.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #39
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I really doubt it is a system issue if they said they have the ability to incorporate a 1,000 different fan types. Having numbers on the backs of 3 potential runners should not be too taxing. Probably an issue with the game itself and the time involved to get it to work properly. Or they are just doing it to piss everyone off........AGAIN!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #40
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I really doubt it is a system issue if they said they have the ability to incorporate a 1,000 different fan types. Having numbers on the backs of 3 potential runners should not be too taxing. Probably an issue with the game itself and the time involved to get it to work properly. Or they are just doing it to piss everyone off........AGAIN!
Well this game just went from freaking awesome to freakin awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »