Home

New Wrigley field screenshot!

This is a discussion on New Wrigley field screenshot! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #33
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Wrigley field screenshot!

Wait, I thought we saw the scoreboard color fixed already in a trailer. Looks yellow to me, hopefully this was taken before they fixed the color.

I forget which trailer had them, but I definitely saw WHITE scoreboard numbers, unless I was dreaming.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:09 AM   #34
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Wait, I thought we saw the scoreboard color fixed already in a trailer. Looks yellow to me, hopefully this was taken before they fixed the color.

I forget which trailer had them, but I definitely saw WHITE scoreboard numbers, unless I was dreaming.
I saw them somewhere too. I believe this is an old build, so no worries.

Also, maybe it is just me.. but every time I play at Wrigley Field in MLB 13 there are NO flags. It's not like they are just random flags.. there are absolutely none. Just a big white empty mast lol. So this is a huge improvement for me.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:19 AM   #35
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually went back to the post I made about the white scoreboards and it looks like the large numbers aren't even shown, but the scores for other games around the league were white. Also on the IGN video there were no ball-strikes shown either.

Now I'm not sure if I ever saw them.

edit: Yep I can't find any images from MLB 14 that indicate the numbers were white. I must have just saw them blank, then the other scores with white numbers (which was white on PS3 as well) and imagined the ball-strike numbers were white.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 04-24-2014 at 02:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs1984Nostaglia
While I obviously love Wrigley I do agree with this. Why not show us Citizens Bank Park, or US Cellular, or Citi Field, etc.
Citi Field would be neat to see.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #37
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm a huge Yankees fan and always play as the Yankees but I love Wrigley field and may use the Cubs this year and help them overcome "the curse". I may do 2 franchises. One with the Yanks and another with the Cubs. With QC, I may have time to do that this year. It will also allow me to see both American League and national league parks.

But this screenshot is awesome.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #38
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
IWith QC, I may have time to do that this year. It will also allow me to see both American League and national league parks.'m a huge Yankees fan and always play as the Yankees but I love Wrigley field and may use the Cubs this year and help them overcome "the curse". I may do 2 franchises. One with the Yanks and another with the Cubs.

But this screenshot is awesome.
That is what I do every year! I played one game every series for each team, this year I will use QC and play more games with less simming.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #39
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not going to lie, I'm very disappointed with Wrigley in next-gen. I provided a very detailed post to SCEA back in 09 with all the details they had wrong in that version of the Show. I didn't expect them to fix everything in the previous generation, but I expected a huge improvement in next-gen. I can't see a difference between the Wrigleys of both generations. It doesn't seem as if they did make it from scratch for next-gen, and it looks to be ported over. I think Wrigley is one of the worst stadiums replicated in the Show, just my opinion. I realize most people accept how Wrigley is represented, but as a Cubs fan I would love to have a very accurate representation of Wrigley. I can only hope it improves next year.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #40
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
It doesn't seem as if they did make it from scratch for next-gen, and it looks to be ported over.
They have already stated numerous times that all 30 ballparks were built from scratch.

Are you calling them liars?

FWIW, the difference between PS3 and PS4 Wrigley is night and day, as anyone who has watched the IGN livestream video in 1080 will tell you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »