Home

Concerns: Motion Capture: In Studio vs. Real Life Game Time Reactions

This is a discussion on Concerns: Motion Capture: In Studio vs. Real Life Game Time Reactions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
Rookie

Cubs1984Nostaglia's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Concerns: Motion Capture: In Studio vs. Real Life Game Time Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
MLB 2k7 looks almost as good as MLB 14 the Show on PS4.

The lighting in that game was incredible...still my favorite game of all time. I had about a 10 year franchise going with the Yankees.

Holy **** I forgot how much I miss Jon Miller and Joe Morgan (more Miller than Morgan). This current The Show broadcast sucks (sorry guys, just my opinion)
Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs1984Nostaglia
Holy **** I forgot how much I miss Jon Miller and Joe Morgan (more Miller than Morgan). This current The Show broadcast sucks (sorry guys, just my opinion)
Although I think the commentary is just showing it's age, it absolutely does not suck. Nothing in the Show sucks. It's easily the most complete and best baseball game to have been made. The point of this discussion is to highlight little tweaks that can be made to make even that much better.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrfan88
Although I think the commentary is just showing it's age, it absolutely does not suck. Nothing in the Show sucks. It's easily the most complete and best baseball game to have been made. The point of this discussion is to highlight little tweaks that can be made to make even that much better.

Yeah and I apologize for turning it negative, I am just not a fan of Vasgersian, Lyons or Karros. I absolutely love Jon Miller so I wish he still did video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs1984Nostaglia
Yeah and I apologize for turning it negative, I am just not a fan of Vasgersian, Lyons or Karros. I absolutely love Jon Miller so I wish he still did video games.
I can understand that...
Old 04-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #13
Rookie

Is something a dev or Russell can offer some insight on?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
MVP

tnixen's Arena

And this game even has the rosin bag on the pitchers mound lol

Apparently this is not possible yet in MLB The Show even on PS4. And those pitcher and and catcher animations really look fantastic when you compare it to MLB The Show!

But I am sure MLB The Show will catch up to this games animations someday and maybe even add the rosin bag too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3r3qer.jpg (202.5 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 04-24-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #15
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
MLB 2k7 looks almost as good as MLB 14 the Show on PS4.

The lighting in that game was incredible...still my favorite game of all time. I had about a 10 year franchise going with the Yankees.
More times than not I agree with your posts, but I can't roll with you on this one. The fact is 2K7 was running at <20fps most of the time, so while it does look great it just can't compare to the overall look and feel of 1080p 60FPS MLB 14'.

Now, in regards to the pitching animations...The Show team has been well aware of this issue, as we've beaten it into their skulls the last 4 years....Ever since "Batting stance guy" was doing the stances.

In my opinion, the changes to the player models will come with new pitching animations, so when we get one, we'll get the other. They might not be mutually exclusive to each other but they know we want both and have put off both for some time now. It just makes sense to do both at the same time and rebuild now as the generation is new.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 04-24-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
More times than not I agree with your posts, but I can't roll with you on this one. The fact is 2K7 was running at <20fps most of the time, so while it does look great it just can't compare to the overall look and feel of 1080p 60FPS MLB 14'.

Now, in regards to the pitching animations...The Show team has been well aware of this issue, as we've beaten it into their skulls the last 4 years....Ever since "Batting stance guy" was doing the stances.

In my opinion, the changes to the player models will come with new pitching animations, so when we get one, we'll get the other. They might not be mutually exclusive to each other but they know we want both and have put off both for some time now. It just makes sense to do both at the same time and rebuild now as the generation is new.
Yeah I think I remember 2k7 (or one of the games around that). Along with the lighting I'm pretty sure it had very noticeable cloth physics (shown by the wind whipping uniforms around). And the framerate suffered horribly for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »