Home

Midnight Release

This is a discussion on Midnight Release within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #25
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Midnight Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMary
I called all three walmarts near me and they all said that they will not be selling the game til they load the shelves around 7, 8 am tuesday morning. Its stupid, 1201 is may 6th, they should sell the game. I was wondering should I contact walmart corporate.
I dont think that contacting corporate will do a bit of good other than waste your time. They arent obligated to sell it at 1201 on May 6th.............keyword being obligated

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #26
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I work at a 24 hour Walmart and in our store, no electronics associate is on the clock past 10pm on normal nights. All of the keys are locked away and the actual games don't hit the floor until somebody comes in the morning of the release day at 7AM.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #27
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I work at a 24 hour Walmart and in our store, no electronics associate is on the clock past 10pm on normal nights. All of the keys are locked away and the actual games don't hit the floor until somebody comes in the morning of the release day at 7AM.
Is this something they started doing in the last year or has it always been this way? I'd prefer to have a physical copy but if I'm not gonna be able to get it at Walmart then I'll probably get the digital.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #28
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

The craptastic 24-hour Wal-Mart near my house almost always has someone in Electronics at midnight whenever I go in there for games. And I've gone there mostly for NCAA Football games when nothing else is coming out at all.

It all probably depends on where you live if that dept open or not. However, having someone there doesn't necessarily mean they know anything about games.

For example: I went to the same Wal-Mart to pick up Red Dead Redemption at midnight on release. This place had "Buy RDR at Midnight Here On release day!" signs all over the place.
Turns out, the employees there "couldn't find it in the back" at midnight when me and a few other guys asked for it.

I've since stopped going there at midnight and now head to the nicer Wal-Mart across town.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:38 AM   #29
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Is this something they started doing in the last year or has it always been this way? I'd prefer to have a physical copy but if I'm not gonna be able to get it at Walmart then I'll probably get the digital.

Or if you would prefer to have a physical copy you could, you know, wait just a few hours and play it the next morning lol.

Instead of getting it at midnight and being up all hours, go to bed, wake up at 6:30, go to wal-mart and get it right at 7am and go home and play it til your thumbs bleed.

Also I still think that you should figure out if your specific walmart will be able to accommodate you. I was always able to get games at midnight at my walmart back when I cared to do such things. Maybe you could call and have the closing electronics employee leave a copy for you at the customer service desk or something if there's not going to be anybody there.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #30
Rookie

XxVANDEZxX's Arena

If any of you live in northern New England, I believe Bull Moose is open Monday nights until 12:30 for new releases every week. Plus, at least where I live, new games are only $56+ tax instead of paying G$ 60, and Bull moose has a pretty decent rewards program thats free.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

Well, what's the point of being open 24 hrs then. U would figure a manager would be on hand at all times that had these keys.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »