Home

MLB 14 The Show Video - Features and Enhancements (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video - Features and Enhancements (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #97
Rookie

nevadaO's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny7788
So sexy!!

Bought a PS3 just for this game years ago and did the same thing with the PS4. Absolutely love it.

As an Orioles fan, however, I'm a bit baffled how they got the warehouse lettering wrong (it's A behind CF scoreboard and goes to B and C moving towards RF, not the other way around as they have it).

It may sound minor to some, but like Grub I'm a stadium fanatic.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 PM   #98
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video - Features and Enhancements (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikiboy
I have been to AT&T Park on several occasions, dating back to when it used to be Pac Bell Park.

I just happen to disagree with you. I think the transitions shown thus far look pretty accurate. I know some guys on here disagreed on the look and accuracy for transitions at Dodger Stadium. To me, I thought those looked pretty accurate as well.
Considering I'm specifically talking about AT&T Park (and oh yeah, I've been there over fifty times and watch every home game... watching it right now by the way), knowing that the sun falls behind the third base side means if you're going to observe yellow in the sky, it won't be over fair territory. That's simply matter of fact.

It doesn't look accurate. I enjoy that the sky gets darker as it goes, but as far as reconstructing this for next-gen, I really do implore them to reconsider their efforts. I know people are going gaga over them, but that's not what AT&T Park looks like when the sun sets. Period.

Note that I'm not talking about cloud coverages changing the sky up and such. I'm simply talking about where the sun sets and where yellow should be yellow/blue should be blue. They can do so much more that we could be more impressed by in future iterations. I'm hoping for that much.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-30-2014, 12:00 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
The management options look fantastic, I only wish there was a Dugout View to really immerse yourself fin the MLB manager experience.
I am an avid MoM Dugout view user on the PS3 (seriously contemplating upgrading to the PS4 console next week) and one of the biggest things I like about the MoM Dugout view is that the view does not change when the batter hits the ball. You watch the entire play from the dugout. It's as if the "Fielding Camera" setting is ignored when you select the "Pitcher Camera" setting to Dugout. All this talk where people say they are unhappy that the Homerun cameras in MLB 14 can not be turned off, do not apply to the MoM Dugout view (at least with the PS3 version). When a big fly is hit, you watch the entire play from the dugout. There are no cut scenes.

However with all that said, watching the pitch locations is not optimal from the dugout. If you really need to know where the pitch was located, there are better views. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. But I am a MoM Dugout view convert.

Last edited by My993C2; 04-30-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm new to the forums,so please excuse me,but I was wondering does anybody now how the lighting in the ps4 version of mlb 14 the show for ps4 is going to better then the ps3 version,as far as transition from evening into night is going to be ,like is it going to be more of a slower transition? And during day games is the shadows going to be more gradual and dynamic as it transitions from mid day into late afternoon? If that makes sense. Do they umpires dress differently for cold weather games? I just hope I'm not getting my hopes up for this ps4 road to the show. I can't tell a huge difference in the videos of the ps4 version posted to the ps3 version to be honest. To me the videos I've seen witch aren't many,it seems like the grass on the ps4 version looks just like the, ps3 version,it looks like a flat mat still. The stadiums don't look that much more detailed,they look good,but not impressive. Maybe it's just me.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 0
I don't if anybody else has felt this way,but I have a ps3 and ps4 and have road to the show for my ps3 ,but they game looks great as always,but I've just really not got into playing it a lot. I've started a franchise and have only played six games so far. I think it's,because I know the ps4 version is coming out and I am really looking forward to playing that version,I don't know if that makes sence or not. I guess I'm hoping the ps4 version is going to be mind blowing and not a disappointment. There just hasn't been a whole lot of actual game play footage of the game. Can't wait till Tuesday!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #102
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I don't if anybody else has felt this way,but I have a ps3 and ps4 and have road to the show for my ps3 ,but they game looks great as always,but I've just really not got into playing it a lot. I've started a franchise and have only played six games so far. I think it's,because I know the ps4 version is coming out and I am really looking forward to playing that version,I don't know if that makes sence or not. I guess I'm hoping the ps4 version is going to be mind blowing and not a disappointment. There just hasn't been a whole lot of actual game play footage of the game. Can't wait till Tuesday!
PS4 gameplay videos, make sure you use the highest HD setting on youtube.
http://youtu.be/KAkp244toNI
http://youtu.be/YC0tt_MjJno
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 05-01-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Considering I'm specifically talking about AT&T Park (and oh yeah, I've been there over fifty times and watch every home game... watching it right now by the way), knowing that the sun falls behind the third base side means if you're going to observe yellow in the sky, it won't be over fair territory. That's simply matter of fact.

It doesn't look accurate. I enjoy that the sky gets darker as it goes, but as far as reconstructing this for next-gen, I really do implore them to reconsider their efforts. I know people are going gaga over them, but that's not what AT&T Park looks like when the sun sets. Period.

Note that I'm not talking about cloud coverages changing the sky up and such. I'm simply talking about where the sun sets and where yellow should be yellow/blue should be blue. They can do so much more that we could be more impressed by in future iterations. I'm hoping for that much.

Like I mentioned, I'm not looking at this from a "technical" standpoint. If you wanted to go through the transitions at each ballpark from a technical sense, I'm sure you can find many inaccuracies.

But my expectations of a sports video game has much less to do with the technical aspects of these type of factors and has to do more with the look and feel in a general sense.

If that's important to you, nothing wrong with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »