Home

With 1080P/PS4 do we still need to use Game Mode on TV's?

This is a discussion on With 1080P/PS4 do we still need to use Game Mode on TV's? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: With 1080P/PS4 do we still need to use Game Mode on TV's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
No input lag?

Would imagine it depends on your TV. As I say on my sony Bravia the game mode is just as good as normal except without the lag.( It's under 10ms)

I think its wrong to make a sweeping statement like "NO you don't need to run in game mode" as that won't be the case for everybody.
I'm playing nba 2k on ps4 and there's no input lag.
I remember playing ps3 on normal mode, it was unplayable. The screen would lag very noticably.
I don't see any input lag, and it enhances the color and graphics A LOT.

I have a Sharp Aquios 46".
Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I was under the same impression but after getting a Samsung HDTV it's a little confusing. In this TV turning on Game Mode locks the display on Standard. This means that it is only (?) changing the sharpness/brightness values. Maybe different brands have the Game Mode implemented without reducing picture quality?

I'll have to check this on my Samsung. I'm fairly sure I can use modes other than standard with game mode on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

You should always play games with Game Mode ON, most websites even tell you to manually turn off extra display processors because they make the image look worse.

I purchased a new TV for Christmas last year and did a lot of research and each site that had a specific setting for best picture clarity, as well as many forums said to turn off all the extra processing for a better picture.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-th...a-hdtv/#!G7P3S

Last edited by lVlAtlZiX; 05-01-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old 05-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #20
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

A lot of bad info on this thread.

The fact that the game is native 1080p 60fps has ZERO to do with having to use Game Mode.

Game Mode is only used when gaming so that the extra processing features that tv's implement to make the picture quality better is turned off which enables the input lag to be reduced. It does not make the game graphics worst but it wont allow you to use the processing features which cause input lag and is not needed for games as the resolution being native 1080p will make the game look amazing in game mode or none game mode

Older tv's had less input lag but as tv's get fancier and picture quality is improve the input lag will always be there and game mode is what should be used in timed base games like FPS and games like the show which require timing

If you have a Sharp LED or LCD those are excellent tv's with low input lag in game mode and normal mode.

In tv's that are higher end like Samsung, Sony, and Panasonic they have more enhancements to make pq better but make gaming in none game mode a pain. But using their game mode helps and it still looks amazing

I have a Samsung Plasma and if you change the input name to PC the input lag is reduced more then game mode and looks fantastic

Use game mode and you will have better response time when pressing buttons. If you have a tv that in none game mode does not hurt the timing then that is fine but it would improve it more by using game mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »