Home

Same amount of uniforms? Guess i'm waiting for MLB 15...

This is a discussion on Same amount of uniforms? Guess i'm waiting for MLB 15... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Same amount of uniforms? Guess i'm waiting for MLB 15...

What?! No blue home/away uniforms?!?!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #42
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
Honestly..You guys bashing him/her (and others) because he feels that HIS $60, that he will spend on this game, is not worth it because certain items of his Team/Park are not accurate enough to warrant his hard earned money is silly and Defense Force worthy. Then to call him, and others, spoiled/whiners or entitled?? WTF?? He's not getting it for free, he is buying a product and what is in that product will determine if it's worth his/her money; Unless you want to buy it for him/her (If that's the case then send me a copy too). Just because your teams/parks are correct, or you don't care, does not mean that others should feel the same way. But hey...keep defending "The Man" maybe they will throw some loose change at you on the street or give you a pat on the head ...smh
when you create its own personal thread youre opening yourself to a lot of what is being posted. Use some logic
Old 04-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #43
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

While saying that I understand the disappointment of a fan in this day and age when a game purported to be a big simulation has missed an element they believe is key, I'm not sure I would allow something so small to be what defines whether I buy a game or not.

But I'm a fossil...I played games without official licenses. I put so many bloody hours into Baseball Simulator 1.000, Baseball Stars and Bad News Baseball...

So I understand why it would be disappointing, but not why it would invalidate the rest of the game.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #44
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

It was mentioned somewhere that the Show developers don't use patches for uniform updates, focusing instead on bug fixing and other gameplay updates. However, that isn't to say they can't do it. Anyone who plays the NBA2K series knows that 2K provides a steady stream of new content throughout the season, including alternate and seasonal uniforms.

More than anything, it seems like a matter of priority (and a certain level of cooperation with MLB I would assume).
Old 04-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #45
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
It was mentioned somewhere that the Show developers don't use patches for uniform updates, focusing instead on bug fixing and other gameplay updates. However, that isn't to say they can't do it. Anyone who plays the NBA2K series knows that 2K provides a steady stream of new content throughout the season, including alternate and seasonal uniforms.

More than anything, it seems like a matter of priority (and a certain level of cooperation with MLB I would assume).
There's a difference between 2k Sports and SCEA. Two completely different companies. Completely different set of rules to follow. Pretty sure SCEA will never do uniform updates while still having to follow the style guide. Until they are no longer bound by that, I doubt you'll ever see uniform updates in the show. If it were that easy to do a uniform update SCEA would have done it already (even on the PS3). Some things are easier said than done.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 04-30-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #46
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
There's a difference between 2kSports and SCEA. Two completely different companies. Completely different set of rules to follow. Pretty sure SCEA will never do uniform updates while still having to follow the style guide. Until they are no longer bound by that, I doubt you'll ever see uniform updates in the show. If it were that easy to do a uniform update SCEA would have done it already (even on the PS3). Some things are easier said than done.
I'm not saying it would be easy, only that it should be possible. Of course SCEA and 2K are different companies, as are MLB and the NBA. Having said that, I'm sure 2K has to follow an NBA style guide to follow as well, as do all companies that are working creatively with major sports franchises/leagues.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #47
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

We are not bashing him. I was simply saying we are spoiled. The game is fun no? You like playing baseball no? What I was saying is he is nitpicking the game to DEATH. its like not eating your wonderful meal at your favorite restaurant because one of your fries had a fleck of pepper on it. Throw the fry away...and enjoy your meal. Of course as a consumer he has the right to not eat there, or not buy the show. But for miniscule reasons you will get crucified. And yup...that is just my opinion man.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #48
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMet2488
Honestly guys I didn't create this thread to sound like a whiner...I appreciate all the developers do to create this game every year...MLB 14 looks absolutely incredible for PS4

My main hope in creating this thread was that maybe a developer would notice and realize they made a silly mistake and fix it...

2k adds missing uniforms to their game with each update...I don't see why SCEA wouldn't be able to do the same thing...
I understand your frustration, but chances are it's not a silly mistake. These guys have a list they work on to get into each years game. Certain things take priority, especially with only a 9 month development cycle. While it may seem like such a simple thing, it really isn't when you have 130 other things that are "simple", plus 5 big time consuming ones.

The simple part is getting the issue on the list, the hard part is finding the time to fix it.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 04-30-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »