Home

MLB 14 The Show Video - Texas Rangers vs. Philadelphia Phillies (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video - Texas Rangers vs. Philadelphia Phillies (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #25
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video - Texas Rangers vs. Philadelphia Phillies (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I agree, nothing like him at all...

Put that fire out real quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #26
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinks
So much of the player movement looks so stilted and stiff. The hitting and fielding are as smooth as ever (when the ball arrives), but players running and throwing motions are wooden. It lacks all of the grace and power. Same as it ever was. Probably the biggest thing I was hoping to see improved on the PS4 version. Maybe next year.
The inning I captured wasn't the most eloquent one in regards to fielding. I find the player movement solid for the most part. In one game I had the third baseman charge a bunt, gloved it up smooth looking transition to the throwing arm and across the diamond. Looks great. Going to play a bit more tonight and see if I can capture some better stuff. The two posted videos were captured quickly

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #27
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Wow... just wow, this is going to be a LONG freaking five days. Some of the things I noticed.

1) They really butchered the Ballpark in Arlington. Some of the things like the Majestic billboard in center going all the way across like the real Budweiser one are nice touches, but the "Globe Life Park in Arlington" sign where the media sit is completely wrong. They pimped out the name of the Ballpark, but they didn't change the font like they have in the game. Second, the flags are way too huge. There are nearly forty flags above the adds in center field, and now they are all Texas flags. The flags above the main scoreboard are, in order from left to right, the American League flag, a Texas Rangers flag, the American flag, the Texan flag, the City of Arlington flag, and a National League flag. It would be better to remove them than to have those huge flags out there. For reference...

And to the inevitable poster that's going to come on here and say something to the tune of "then don't buy it" or "who cares", thank you for your valuable input in advance.

2) This game looks really, really good. You can tell that it's heavily influenced by the PS3 version, but that's okay. The players and their movements look so fluid and everything looks really crisp. I saw some poster talking about the lighting being wrong or something earlier... I think this is the best that the game has ever looked. What a bang up job by the folks at SCEA San Diego.

3) I was skeptical of generated pitch counts, but after watching this I think that I will use it in my franchise at least. I really like the way that they did it. It's not over the top, and it flows well with the game.

4) I love the "Yuuuuuu da man" sign

Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #28
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Wow... just wow, this is going to be a LONG freaking five days. Some of the things I noticed.

1) They really butchered the Ballpark in Arlington. Some of the things like the Majestic billboard in center going all the way across like the real Budweiser one are nice touches, but the "Globe Life Park in Arlington" sign where the media sit is completely wrong. They pimped out the name of the Ballpark, but they didn't change the font like they have in the game. Second, the flags are way too huge. There are nearly forty flags above the adds in center field, and now they are all Texas flags. The flags above the main scoreboard are, in order from left to right, the American League flag, a Texas Rangers flag, the American flag, the Texan flag, the City of Arlington flag, and a National League flag. It would be better to remove them than to have those huge flags out there. For reference...

And to the inevitable poster that's going to come on here and say something to the tune of "then don't buy it" or "who cares", thank you for your valuable input in advance.

2) This game looks really, really good. You can tell that it's heavily influenced by the PS3 version, but that's okay. The players and their movements look so fluid and everything looks really crisp. I saw some poster talking about the lighting being wrong or something earlier... I think this is the best that the game has ever looked. What a bang up job by the folks at SCEA San Diego.

3) I was skeptical of generated pitch counts, but after watching this I think that I will use it in my franchise at least. I really like the way that they did it. It's not over the top, and it flows well with the game.

I agree with the flags, but that seems to be the same in every stadium so you're not alone there. I wish they could have found a way to mix up the flags. No offense to anyone, but 10,000 American flags will only get you so far. (Check AT&T Park).
Old 05-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero

As a fan living in Arlington I agree with you my man! The reason the "Globe Life Park" looks like that because it's not licensed so SECA just made there version I guess of the sign. But I'm not really worried about that. The main thing was commissioner boxes and the flags in center that you talked about but it's a good start! They didn't have Elvis's beard tho:/
Old 05-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #30
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Agreed ShowTyme! I would of rather they just put 1 American flag and remove all the others than add hella American flags when they are supposed to be a California flag than NL West pennant flags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #31
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthomas121
As a fan living in Arlington I agree with you my man! The reason the "Globe Life Park" looks like that because it's not licensed so SECA just made there version I guess of the sign. But I'm not really worried about that. The main thing was commissioner boxes and the flags in center that you talked about but it's a good start! They didn't have Elvis's beard tho:/
They probably didn't have any reference photos to use either. So they did what they could as you just mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #32
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
The game looks beautiful...

but didn't someone from Sony state that there would be a stadium fly-by before a game starts on the PS4?

I swear I remember reading this somewhere.

I would like for them to work on the presentation and in-game commentary (sounds stale at times) for next year.

What's the point of showing a comparison of the starting pitchers with no stats accumulated. Same goes with the starting lineup on opening day. Show us something different for opening day for example. Maybe you can compare stats from last year.

Like the cut scenes of the fans holding up signs and cheering on their team. Would like to see more of this stuff in the game for next year.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 05-01-2014 at 07:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »