Home

Mom mode for Ps4

This is a discussion on Mom mode for Ps4 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Mom mode for Ps4

The most recent dev blog appears to be manage mode or cpu vs cpu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-LPZw-8atk
Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The most recent dev blog appears to be manage mode or cpu vs cpu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-LPZw-8atk
It's a CPU vs CPU game. If it were a MoM game we would see the in game menus at the bottom corners of the screen for batter and pitcher options.

Edited to add: besides the crowd and the flags there was one thing I noticed from this video that appears to be different than the PS3 version. In the middle of the video, Giant's 2nd baseman Marco Scutaro makes a diving catch on a line drive. This isn't new, I have seen this animation in the PS3 version. But what appears to be new was the highlight of the catch shown immediately afterwards (which was a close up of the diving catch) followed immediately by the guys in the stands holding a Pirates sign and the comment Matt Vasgersian makes about them being the future of the country followed by Matt saying "Yikes". That whole sequence of the close up replay of the diving catch and Matt's comments about the fans are definitely not in the PS3 version.

Last edited by My993C2; 05-05-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
It's a CPU vs CPU game. If it were a MoM game we would see the in game menus at the bottom corners of the screen for batter and pitcher options.

Edited to add: besides the crowd and the flags there was one thing I noticed from this video that appears to be different than the PS3 version. In the middle of the video, Giant's 2nd baseman Marco Scutaro makes a diving catch on a line drive. This isn't new, I have seen this animation in the PS3 version. But what appears to be new was the highlight of the catch shown immediately afterwards (which was a close up of the diving catch) followed immediately by the guys in the stands holding a Pirates sign and the comment Matt Vasgersian makes about them being the future of the country followed by Matt saying "Yikes". That whole sequence of the close up replay of the diving catch and Matt's comments about the fans are definitely not in the PS3 version.
I saw that also and at one point a Pirates fan was holding up a sign with the Zoltan "Z" on it. The sinking line drive to Marte seemed like it might be a new animation to me.

I also noticed more swings at bad pitches. My concern about that is it might be overdone. Guess I will find out tomorrow.

The graphics - wow.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

Just finished my first MoM game using the PS4 version and the game play was pretty much identical to the PS3 iteration. All the good and less than good features of the PS3 MoM mode play pretty much the same in the PS4. Of course the graphics in the PS4 version are superior and the graphics really comes alive once the sun goes down. It almost felt like I was there at Coors Field this evening.

A couple of things I noticed in my MoM game:

1) While the sun was still sort of up (game started at 6:40 pm), I had a real hard time picking the ball up on fly balls to the outfield from the Dugout view. In the PS3 version, picking the ball up from the Dugout view didn't always happen either. But in the PS3 I would pretty much always locate it before it landed. But in the PS4 there were times where I could only watch the fielder to wait and see where the ball would land. Of course in MoM I am just a spectator so not locating the ball on pop flies is not a show killer and of course once the sun went down picking the ball up was easy.

2) In the PS3, from MoM's Dugout view my batters would never warming up from the On Deck circle while you would always see the opposition batters warming up from their On Deck circles. With the added memory of the PS4 I was hoping this would be fixed. But it wasn't. Maybe next year. Of course having your batter appear in the On Deck circle warming up is just eye candy. It has no effect at all on game play.

3) The crowd is a nice improvement. But the heads on some of the Kids look a little too big. Once again nit picking.

All in all I am very happy with the MLB 14 PS4 game. I played on of my most enjoyable MoM games ever this evening, even though I did lose the game 4-2 to the Rangers in 10 innings.

Last edited by My993C2; 05-06-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #13
MVP

I haven't played enough games yet to post a review but the game looks fantastic.

I will also bump the other MoM thread with this because the glitch is in both the ps3 and ps4 versions regarding 3-2 count, 2 out, force play runners not automatically running.

A vote for this bug report would improve the chances of the bug getting fixed.

Thanks.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/11550
Old 05-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Is MoM available in both offline franchise and season mode?
Old 05-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Is MoM available in both offline franchise and season mode?

Yes it's available in both.
Warriors
Sharks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Yes it's available in both.
Good to know, thanks!