Home

Found first major bug

This is a discussion on Found first major bug within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 01:48 AM   #1
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Found first major bug

A foul ball bounced back into the infield, my first baseman picked the ball up and the runners came around to score and I could do nothing to resume play. I had to simulate the rest of the inning. Never saw this on ps3 versions in all my years of playing. Posting pic again to prove I have game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (109.8 KB, 490 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #2
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Found first major bug

You only had to stimulate the rest of the current inning and then all was okay? Hope it's a one time thing, but at least the game didn't completely stop ..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 05-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is far from major and something has to be repeatable for the developers to even try and fix it. Until you've seen enough to know it happens every time and what triggers it, it's a glitch and not a bug.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, another thing, since the game "isn't out" yet, do they wait on a day 1 patch (if they have one ready to go)? I've played so many games on PS3/4 that as soon as you put it in, it directs you for a patch.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
This is far from major and something has to be repeatable for the developers to even try and fix it. Until you've seen enough to know it happens every time and what triggers it, it's a glitch and not a bug.
Make no mistake it is a bug not a glitch. However some of these bugs are difficult if not impossible to reproduce and thus difficult for the developers to fix. I experienced a bug in PS3 MLB 14 that I have yet to reproduce (and I hope it never happens again). I was in a MoM game, the game went to extra innings and in the top of the 11th inning I subbed in a new pitcher. The pitcher proceeded to throw the ball about 6-12 inches towards home plate and then the ball just fell to the ground. That was it ... I could do nothing more. None of the buttons on the controller did anything. I could still look around the stadium but I could do nothing else. I had no choice but to exit the game. This was clearly a bug, as some sort of unrecoverable internal error in the code was thrown. But since it has only happened to me once (knock on wood), and I have not seen anyone else report it. It had to have been a fluke and would be extremely difficult for the developers to debug and fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Its pretty major when 2 runners come across and score on a foul ball and it ruins your game that you have already played for an hour. Lmao its a glitch you say not a bug! WTF!!??? Who determines difference between glitch and bug? I'ts a glitch then whatever!! However I have downloaded patch and this is a Major Bug!!
Old 05-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Its pretty major when 2 runners come across and score on a foul ball and it ruins your game that you have already played for an hour. Lmao its a glitch you say not a bug! WTF!!??? Who determines difference between glitch and bug? I'ts a glitch then whatever!! However I have downloaded patch and this is a Major Bug!!

Obviously nobody wants this to occur at any time, but if it only happens once it's not a huge issue. As others have said, you need to be able to trigger it over and over and have the same issue for it to be a major problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #8
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Please post here: http://theshownation.com/bug_reports

Closing this, as the game actually isn't out yet, and it seems like a glitch not a bug.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »