Home

Never Played The Show Not Into Baseball

This is a discussion on Never Played The Show Not Into Baseball within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Never Played The Show Not Into Baseball

I would say this about MLB The Show. I've always been playing baseball casually with friends, since baseball was badly organized where I lived growing up and soccer was the way to go.

Playing baseball on a console always been there for me. Baseball Stars, Hardball III, and later on the computer with High Heat Baseball. After that, I turned away from baseball gaming and started playing Madden and NHL more often.

I would play a game here and there with MLB 2K, but it wasn't just fun enough to get me in like I use too. I would heard about MLB The Show and how great it was. Since I already had a 360 and put a lot of money on games and stuffs, I wouldn't make the move.

When I finally did because of everything I red about The Show, it was a move I regret not making many years ago. That game is for me, as a sports gamer, the most fun I had with in a long time. I spent hours and hours just playing RTTS and enjoy the game. It's not perfect, no game is, but it's pretty fun to play.

I would go with it and try it if I was you. This game is made to let people feel comfortable, from casual games to experts. There's guide online to help you, it took me about 20 minutes feeling ok with the game controls, and few days with the more complicated moves. All and all, you'll like it, I'm sure of that.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #10
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not the biggest baseball fan myself either, but I've enjoyed the show so much since '10 that I went out of my way to purchase a PS4 (already had an xbone) for this game.

There's just something about playing a baseball game that is so fun and rewarding, plus there aren't many games that I enjoy out at the moment. Still stuck on NBA2k and Battlefield pretty much.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashhole
Err my bad. Totally wrong. I meant I don't watch it, but I WANT to start learning the ins and outs of the game and all the players and all that.
YES! I would highly suggest the game to anyone with even the slightest interest.

Best sports video game ever made, let alone best baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #12
MVP

I was not a huge Baseball person. I did play a little ball as a kid, played co-ed recreational softball as an adult. The game is definitely fun to play. But watching it on TV can be slow. I used to call this slowness "boring". But thanks to the MLB The Show series (this is my 3rd year with the game) I have come to appreciate the game a little more and come to accept that there is intense action in the middle of all that slowness. Plus the MLB The Show series has taught me a lot about Baseball strategy I never picked up watching the games on TV. I've played all the gaming sports titles, and all the games have definitely come a long way over the years. But as a traditional Hockey, Football and Motorsports fan (I race a Rotax DD2 Kart in the real world), the MLB The Show title is one of if not the best sporting game out there.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I didn't like baseball, thought the game was too slow. Had a friend that had the show13 and couldn't stop playing it. The show made me a casual fan of baseball and learning more. Can't wait till Tuesday. Add me psn:truzoe get a game goin.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #14
MVP

I was gonna post a thread like this too. but everyone tells me that it will cater to everyone,so I went and reserved it. I put on another thread that I haven't played a baseball video game since bases loaded. but this looked to good to pass up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »