Home

MLB 14 The Show Video - San Francisco Giants vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video - San Francisco Giants vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #33
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video - San Francisco Giants vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
As for the lighting issues, folks please understand that stadiums live and in person look different then they do on TV. On TV everything is bright and very well lit due to incredible lenses being used for presentation. In person (I've been to 6 different stadiums) I would lean more towards the darker shadowing then an all bright field and stands. Not to say it's perfect but it's not too far off.
I agree with this. Although I think it's a little too dark in some areas, it's not as drastic as some people may think it is. I'm thinking back to games I've gone to at Camden Yards, and the crowd is definitely not as well lit as the field, but it's never pitch black.... So I still think it's an issue, but it's not quite as drastic as some people think.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
I cannot wait to play this game tonight!!
Old 05-06-2014, 02:05 AM   #35
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
As for the lighting issues, folks please understand that stadiums live and in person look different then they do on TV. On TV everything is bright and very well lit due to incredible lenses being used for presentation. In person (I've been to 6 different stadiums) I would lean more towards the darker shadowing then an all bright field and stands. Not to say it's perfect but it's not too far off.
Let's not do this.

Yes, I know what real parks are like versus TV. Please don't excuse them or defend them for what they have in these few parks.

This game has stadium-to-stadium differences. You can't excuse them all if it's not consistent.

Sorry, my post is coming from this large culmination of posts that always defend something that is wrong with the game, it's not you personally. This "old build" stuff that I always hear, "really compressed" and stuff like that normally just doesn't cut it for things that still linger after release.

That being said, let's hope all lighting issues/concerns/faults are taken care of by next year.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is the Pirates' "P" logo supposed to have a black center? It looks really bad on a yellow background.

Also, why is the Pirates' "buccaneer" logo shown when Lirano's starts brought up? It has been retired for the "P" logo. Or does that just show alternate logos?

After researching, accoridng to Chris Creamer's logo website, the P shouldn't have a black center and the "buccaneer" logo is no longer used in any form. That's pretty sloppy.

Last edited by Metroalex; 05-06-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Researched logos

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »