Home

Outfielder Speed, Lack of Balls Hit Over Heads?

This is a discussion on Outfielder Speed, Lack of Balls Hit Over Heads? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Outfielder Speed, Lack of Balls Hit Over Heads?

For those of you who have the PS4 version, have you seen like *any* balls hit over an outfielder's head?

I'm about 8 games in, and have seen a total of one ball going over an OFer's head, and that one could've been caught –*he went into a catching motion, just didn't grab it.

I'm thinking about pinching the slider for defensive speed, but I'm worried that it'll kill the stats. Anyone tried fooling with this yet?

EDIT: I was playing RTTS and saw a lot more balls going over heads, so I wonder if it's the MLB speed that's killing me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Outfielder Speed, Lack of Balls Hit Over Heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
For those of you who have the PS4 version, have you seen like *any* balls hit over an outfielder's head?

I'm about 8 games in, and have seen a total of one ball going over an OFer's head, and that one could've been caught –*he went into a catching motion, just didn't grab it.

I'm thinking about pinching the slider for defensive speed, but I'm worried that it'll kill the stats. Anyone tried fooling with this yet?
Seen it in a few streams I've watched.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Have hardly seen any in about 5 games so far. Will definitely need to be adjusted. Also hate the cameras on all fly balls. Way too far away for my liking.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0

I was reading about this in the PS3 side as well. Are these balls more towards the gap that aren't getting over OF heads or are this balls hit almost straight over where they are positioned.

I'm just thinking to actual MLB games, and you rarely see a ball carry over a LF or RF player's head without being caught. CF is a little more common because there's more space. However, for the most part, it has to be a gap shot (or straight down the line) to get over an OF player's head.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Outfielders being to fast getting to balls has been an issue with MLB The Show for like as long as I have been playing which would be MLB 07 The Show on PS3. I really hope Sony developers will finally fix this issue in the near future. We should not have to adjust the sliders to fix what should already be a standard thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver

EDIT: I was playing RTTS and saw a lot more balls going over heads, so I wonder if it's the MLB speed that's killing me?
Try this:

fielder speed - 2
fielder reaction - 7
Old 05-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #7
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
Try this:

fielder speed - 2
fielder reaction - 7

But this will also affect the infielders too. And the issue is only with the outfielders I believe.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

2K allowed you to adjust Infielder/Outfielder running/throwing speeds all separately. tsk tsk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »