Home

PS4 MLB 14 The show PS vita remote play (Game play Video)

This is a discussion on PS4 MLB 14 The show PS vita remote play (Game play Video) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #17
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PS4 MLB 14 The show PS vita remote play (Game play Video)

While it does look great on the Vita, I do get lag when hitting. I have to hit swing just a little earlier than I normally would

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Pitching is ok but batting is horrible in my case on the same network. Always "Too late" even i clicked down pitch speed at 0.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #19
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9mm
While it does look great on the Vita, I do get lag when hitting. I have to hit swing just a little earlier than I normally would

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Same for me as well. I tried Remote play last night, I was a few feet away from my router and ps4 and the lag, although small, still messed up my pitching and hitting. Not sure if there is anyway to remove this lag but im just going to use my PSvita version of the show if I want to resume my franchise on the vita.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #20
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
The back panel of the Vita is dived into four quads. When facing the Vita front screen, the upper right quad is the R2 button for guess pitch. Just make sure you are tapping the upper right quad and not toward the middle or the bottom of the Vita rear touch screen. Also make sure your fingers aren't touching elsewhere on the screen. I have large hands and I often find my hands grazing or resting on the back. Vita does a good job of letting you know with the blue overlay of where your fingers are.

I get a lag when hitting and pitching in that when I press it button it doesn't register right away, but the game is smooth. It doesn't appear laggy. Makes hitting fastballs very difficult. I had one hit in five innings through remote play and then switched to the PS4 and controller and got four hits in the sixth. So much easier to hit.

This could just be my vision too. I have to use timing in the Vita version of the game as I cannot pick up location on the Vita.
Thanks for the reponse. I understand how the back touch screen is supposed to function, but it seems as though it doesn't respond most of the time. I too have big hands so maybe if I am accidentally touching somewhere I am cancelling the actual buttons out? It just doesn't seem even remotely responsive.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also, I was using direct connect and was in my bedroom, one floor above the PS4 and it worked brilliantly. I didn't notice any lag. The only issue I had (and this was happening already before MLB14) is sometimes I get errors saying my connection is weak. I even got kicked off once or twice. This started happening after the recent 1.70 and 3.15 firmware updates. Everything is peachy, then that little icon appears, things get glitch for a second, then it clears up "or" it drops connection. Prior to 1.70 and 3.15 this literally never happened in 4 months of playing.

Has anyone seen this behavior.[/quote]

That is the strange what i faced about the direct connect.

Maybe it cause by wifi channels interference

Before i also have faced some times about the connection is weak on wifi connection(not mlb)

but after find the best channel for myself,this problem was almost gone

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 05:33 AM   #22
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried out remote play for the first time the other day, first time I was in a situation where I needed to use it.

I will echo the sentiment that hitting has considerable latency. Even after turning pitch speed down I am way behind pitches. I didn't notice the latency in other games, maybe just a tiny bit, but in MLB 14 I am noticing it quite a bit. Maybe because the timing is so important to hitting, but so is jumping in a platformer or shooting in a FPS so not sure if its specific to MLB 14 or if it just stands out more than other games.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #23
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1

I've found there's about a 300 ms delay hitting and pitching on meter, not surprised I'll just us player lock on my starters for now.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »