Home

Online Head to Head Impressions

This is a discussion on Online Head to Head Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Online Head to Head Impressions

Day 2 is better, I have played 3 games and actually finished 2 of them.

However, there is still alot of lag when fielding the ball and running the bases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #42
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

Played 5 games today with no issues, hitting is hard but I'm new to the game. Still have some lag sometimes where both users see different things happen like one user sees the fielder throw the ball into the crowd while the other user sees the fielder throw to first for the out. loading is fixed now and its pretty easy to get into games with friends.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The disparity between what's happening on-screen and what's actually going on inside the game can be very frustrating on offense.

It's easy to get confused over what you should be doing as a baserunner, because sometimes it will look like the ball's been thrown away, or a base is left open, or an error's been committed, when in reality, none of that ever happened.

It seems like when you're pitching and fielding, your visual representation of what's going on in the field is a lot more accurate than it is when you're hitting.

Though the lag can still interfere with fielding. I've had a few unnecessary errors because my player wasn't moving where I told him to go in real-time.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #44
Just started!

I never post in these forums and figured this would be as good as time as any because the main reason I play sport games is the challenge of a human opponent. The few online games I played were ok but that is not good enough considering Sony has known about the online issues with this game for years now. Why is it that EA,2K and all the call of duty games I play online work like a charm? Maybe Sony should hire them to straighten out there game so we all can just log on and play a game instead of hoping for some miracle that just maybe it will work right this time. It's unacceptable
Old 05-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #45
Rookie

I have played since the update and it was running flawlessly. And by flawlessly, I believe it was running the best this game is capable of running up to this point: the connection was solid, and no lag was present. Visual hiccups were present, although I seemed to come across less since the update.

However, in the 4th inning while I was pitching, the came just hung mid wind-up as the crowd continued to chant as if nothing was wrong. Eventually, I had to close the application which resulted in a loss and a disconnect.

I guess it'd be too much to ask if they could reset everyone's records but man, that only seems fair. I think I'm going to stay away from online after learning my lesson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #46
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm willing to be patient, hopefully the guys at SCEA can get it stabilized for us online franchise players.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 5

played my first game online. with a wireless connection while pitching using the view from catcher, my pitches seemed to be floating, while hitting everything seemed normal? I am going to try a wired connection to see if things improve? btw, if anyone has any info why my pitches seemed to be floating I would appreciate it.

Last edited by vegasmike; 05-07-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Old 05-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasmike
played my first game online. with a wireless connection while pitching using the view from catcher, my pitches seemed to be floating, while hitting everything seemed normal? I am going to try a wired connection to see if things improve? btw, if anyone has any info why my pitches seemed to be floating I would appreciate it.
Yep. When you are pitching, you'll notice the ball coming in much slower than when you're batting.

This was done apparently to ensure both users are seeing the same thing on their respective end of the console. At least that's how it was explained to me.

I dislike seeing it, although when I got to actually experience pitching for the first time online, it didn't seem to be lobbed as much as I've seen on others' streams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »