Home

How's your teams stadium lighting?

This is a discussion on How's your teams stadium lighting? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #49
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How's your teams stadium lighting?

I guess I might not feel so ripped of by the lack of detail to the lighting in some stadiums if they hadn't had a "feature" video showing all the incredible detail and focusing on the "twins" neon sign and I thought I saw the Tigers name lit up above the scoreboard. This, combined with them touting that the stadiums were completely redone, made me look forward to Progressive Field getting its due finally. There have been things wrong with it for years and with a "built from scratch" PS4 version surely they'd get some of these things right.

However....still no illuminated scoreboard, still no tarp on the left field line (doubles ricochet off this frequently and other Show stadiums have em)the color of the walls seems to not be as green as it should be and there has been a pavilion in center field for 4-5 years now. I realize they can't show the progressive SUV that shoots T-shirts and confetti when the Indians hit a homerun.....but some of this stuff is just obvious.

I hate to say it but it seems that Progressive Field was more or less ported over. Other than the crowds and the increased resolution of the textures....I'd have a hard time telling the difference from PS3 to PS4. I think geometrically and artistically they are about the same. Seems some stadiums took precedence over others.

Now....if the guys did build this from the ground up, it would seem that they used the original PS3 version as their reference. I hope not. But if it was rebuilt it is hard to tell. They focused on the wrong areas I guess.

Oh....and the lighting is off in places here too. Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:45 AM   #50
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

I think we should make a list of all the stadiums that have these "blackout" issues.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I think we should make a list of all the stadiums that have these "blackout" issues.
There already is one....http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-lighting.html

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #52
Rookie

Resile's Arena

OVR: 0

This thread also warrants a bump- these lighting issues are serious.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #53
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
They also cracked it not too long ago. Should have left it as is and worked on the new lighting for next year.
Disagree. The lighting isn't THAT BAD. Yea the outfield is a littler dark but if you ask me, the lighting this year especially on the PS4 is incredible. I feel that it makes the PS4 version great. (among small other things)
Old 05-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #54
Rookie

Resile's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Disagree. The lighting isn't THAT BAD. Yea the outfield is a littler dark but if you ask me, the lighting this year especially on the PS4 is incredible. I feel that it makes the PS4 version great. (among small other things)
Some parts of the new lighting are incredible, sure. The lighting can be amazing at times, especially during the day. However, in some parks, such as in one minor league one, the outfield is so dark that the fielder often gets lost from your vision when running for a fly ball towards the track.

The lack of lighting in the outfields of the previously reference parks are obviously glaring problems.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:17 AM   #55
Rookie

Resile's Arena

I am still waiting for an update from Russell and this thread definitely deserves a bump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #56
Rookie

How does your teams stadium lighting look?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »