Home

Consistently Very Low Scoring Games

This is a discussion on Consistently Very Low Scoring Games within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Consistently Very Low Scoring Games

I took a break from MLB games for a year and have come back on the PS4. I am curious to know if others struggle with low scoring games consistently.

I play with different teams, even and un-even games, and I am unable to get any hits that are not ground balls or easy fly-outs.

On the CPU side, they also struggle to do much. The occasional walk is about it. I found this with MLB The Show 12.

I am not looking a sliders right away and I have been playing default 'veteran' controls (as chosen when first starting the game).

What is the key to more offence from me and the CPU? I use the standard controls this year which include pulse pitching etc. I can't see how I can comfortably defend but not get a hit or even a home-run in multiple games.

Any help would be great! Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Consistently Very Low Scoring Games

Well, I am by no means very good at the game, but, yesterday while playing a day game at Yankee stadium I blasted 7 home runs with the Angels!! I was shocked, they all felt so good when I hit them too! So I think it's all in your skill level at this point. Give it some time...hey it's the very 1st day.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Before opening my mouth I forgot about the dynamic difficulty. I am away from PS4 now but is dynamic difficulty on by default? I can't remember seeing what difficulty I chose. I only selected 'veteran' at the start because I wanted control of base runners and fielders.

Last edited by Lofty; 05-07-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #4
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofty
Before opening my mouth I forgot about the dynamic difficulty. I am away from PS4 now but is dynamic difficulty on by default? I can't remember seeing what difficulty I chose. I only selected 'veteran' at the start because I wanted control of base runners and fielders.
No. You turn it on manually. It's automatically on veteran.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 05-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofty
I took a break from MLB games for a year and have come back on the PS4. I am curious to know if others struggle with low scoring games consistently.

I play with different teams, even and un-even games, and I am unable to get any hits that are not ground balls or easy fly-outs.

On the CPU side, they also struggle to do much. The occasional walk is about it. I found this with MLB The Show 12.

I am not looking a sliders right away and I have been playing default 'veteran' controls (as chosen when first starting the game).

What is the key to more offence from me and the CPU? I use the standard controls this year which include pulse pitching etc. I can't see how I can comfortably defend but not get a hit or even a home-run in multiple games.

Any help would be great! Cheers
In my franchise I "play 1 and sim 5" games. Opening day I won 6-5 with a walkoff HR and the next game I played I lost 3-2. I've seen it vary, but it's a small sample size with me.

I'm using modified OSFM rosters and TNK's sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I've always said this. So far I've played two games. I lost the first one 1-0 and lost the second one 3-0. It would be nice to score a run, but then again, I'm the Cubs so my hitters are atrocious.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Leg-End's Arena

I always give it some time and plenty of games before I decide on what if anything needs bumping to create a better experience for me but traditionally I've always used a higher difficulty for pitching than hitting.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #8
Rookie

HnHMVP's Arena

I have came up with the same issue, very low scoring games. I guess it's more realistic this way I assume.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »