Home

Pitching with single button questions

This is a discussion on Pitching with single button questions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

OVR: 0
Pitching with single button questions

I'm not as young as I used to be, and both pulse and meter pitching are giving me troubles. The issue isn't in maxing the meter, but in nailing the accuracy.

If I was to use single button pitch, what determines the accuracy, and arm strength for that matter? I noticed in button throwing without a meter it says that arm strength and accuracy is determined by player ratings. Would it work the same way?

Also, when I throw a breaking pitch and I see the break indicated by yellow, is the end point the end of the yellow arrows or the placement of the baseball icon?

Those are really the only two things I don't understand. Never having a ps 3 and now owning a ps4 this is the first time I've been able to play the show and I'm loving it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: Pitching with single button questions

Right there with ya on the age thing. My hand eye timing is not the best anymore. Still trying to figure out the best pitching mechanism for me.

In regards to the breaking of the pitches. The ball icon is where the ball will start out and the arrows are how far the ball will break to and where it "should" end up.

So for a 12-6 curve, you would aim having the ball above the zone with the end of the arrows just inside the zone.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Does anyone know how to turn off yellow arrows/pitch break WITHOUT turning the ball marker off? Very annoying to show where pitches are going while playing friend in same room.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

Thanks for the reply. I should have clarified that in fielding throwing, it says single button throwing strength and accuracy is determined by ratings and I'm wondering if single button pitching works the same way.

That makes sense that it works that way, that the ball ends up at the end point of the break indicated by the arrows. And here I was wondering why it was ending up in the dirt when I put the ball icon below the strike zone and threw a curve.

I didn't see anywhere in the options to get rid of the break arrows.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

On the issue of the Accuracy/Break, the way the game has worked for years is that holding down the button longer gave you "more" ... more speed on the fastball, more break on the breaking ball, etc.

But there was always a Rumble feature .... when you held down the button for long enough, a Rumble would let you know that you were doing a lot "more" and putting yourself into the range of both tiring your pitcher quicker and essentially "over-throwing" the ball .... thus, losing control of your curve, losing accuracy with your fast ball.

I have Rumble on, but I'm not getting the Rumble this year. Quite annoying, since this Pitching Mode is my favorite but the Rumble is crucial to make it strategic and fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

When using the meter I pressed it 3 times; to
Start the meter, at the extreme end (I think it's red) for power or more break, and at the line in the middle for accuracy. I didn't know you could hold it down.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Mephiskapheles's Arena

Does pitcher injury chance depend on throwing too many hard pitches, or just on throwing past a reasonable point on his fatigue bar?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #8
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
On the issue of the Accuracy/Break, the way the game has worked for years is that holding down the button longer gave you "more" ... more speed on the fastball, more break on the breaking ball, etc.

But there was always a Rumble feature .... when you held down the button for long enough, a Rumble would let you know that you were doing a lot "more" and putting yourself into the range of both tiring your pitcher quicker and essentially "over-throwing" the ball .... thus, losing control of your curve, losing accuracy with your fast ball.

I have Rumble on, but I'm not getting the Rumble this year. Quite annoying, since this Pitching Mode is my favorite but the Rumble is crucial to make it strategic and fun.

Turn off your controller and turn it back on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »