Home

Refund Denials for Digital Buyers

This is a discussion on Refund Denials for Digital Buyers within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #81
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Refund Denials for Digital Buyers

Is this serious? You act like Sony didn't give you any product. They did. It was released on it's RELEASE DAY. I honestly can't see how you have a case at all here. Learn from your mistake, sell your physical copy, and move on. Don't do anything stupid like trying to take this to court...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's a really bad time when people try and justify why a company failing to please the customer is nobody's fault but the customer. Buyer beware, right. Oh wait, this isn't ancient Rome anymore.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #83
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Sony gave me a refund for my digital purchase. However, I contacted them to cancel my pre-order on Monday morning
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #84
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

A lawsuit

A perfect example of why I rarely come around anymore.

People. Are. Idiots.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopershorty51
Is this serious? You act like Sony didn't give you any product. They did. It was released on it's RELEASE DAY. I honestly can't see how you have a case at all here. Learn from your mistake, sell your physical copy, and move on. Don't do anything stupid like trying to take this to court...
Sony led people to believe it would be available at a certain time, they delivered 14+ hours later than said time.

Now obviously, trying to take this to court would be a waste of time, but at the same time Sony did not deliver on what they promised in their marketing for the digital copy. The people acting as though they did nothing wrong, are being just as as ludicrous as the ones talking about a lawsuit.

Also like I said regardless of any of that, it would be smarter for Sony in the long-run to accept the refunds to avoid making customers who could contribute future revenue angry.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 05-07-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #86
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

This kind of stuff is interesting. Can anyone tell me what benefit there is to digital downloads? I know it will probably come down to a personal preference thing. But my view has always been, with a hard copy, I don't take up a ton of space on my hard drive that can't be removed without losing the game. Additionally, I can sell the game back at a future date (and I assume most people buy the newest version and don't keep the old versions, although I'm sure there are some who do keep the old versions for whatever reason).

The only upside to digital downloads appears to be for the companies themselves. They get to sell a game with no early access (I can go to Walmart and buy the game at midnight) for the same price, and have no physical copy and distribution costs, other than server space (which is in no way equivalent to packaging and shipping a product, per unit).

The funniest part is, Sony can't even deliver on it. They are discouraging people from using a service that would save them certainly millions of dollars in the long haul. If Sony was smart, they would do a "tiered" release up to a week before the street date. Maybe allow 10,000 downloads per day, starting 7 days prior to release. This would certainly get people to use the digital download service and feel they have a benefit to it. It would also relieve pressure on the servers by breaking up the amount of people who are joining each day. I don't know, I'm just spitballing.

Anyway, its just a curiosity more than anything. It has always befuddled me why people would choose digital downloads, with hardly any benefit to it.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #87

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
This kind of stuff is interesting. Can anyone tell me what benefit there is to digital downloads? I know it will probably come down to a personal preference thing. But my view has always been, with a hard copy, I don't take up a ton of space on my hard drive that can't be removed without losing the game. Additionally, I can sell the game back at a future date (and I assume most people buy the newest version and don't keep the old versions, although I'm sure there are some who do keep the old versions for whatever reason).

The only upside to digital downloads appears to be for the companies themselves. They get to sell a game with no early access (I can go to Walmart and buy the game at midnight) for the same price, and have no physical copy and distribution costs, other than server space (which is in no way equivalent to packaging and shipping a product, per unit).

The funniest part is, Sony can't even deliver on it. They are discouraging people from using a service that would save them certainly millions of dollars in the long haul. If Sony was smart, they would do a "tiered" release up to a week before the street date. Maybe allow 10,000 downloads per day, starting 7 days prior to release. This would certainly get people to use the digital download service and feel they have a benefit to it. It would also relieve pressure on the servers by breaking up the amount of people who are joining each day. I don't know, I'm just spitballing.

Anyway, its just a curiosity more than anything. It has always befuddled me why people would choose digital downloads, with hardly any benefit to it.
Its a convenience thing. Both sides have there positives and negatives. If your disc becomes unreadable your out $60. Theres no chance of that with digital. I have my copy MLB 13 the show. If I try to trade it in I'm lucky to get $5 now. Its all what you prefer. I have gone with a mix of both.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #88
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

This thread has run its course.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Closed Thread