Home

Converting to the show on PS4 after being an Xbox user

This is a discussion on Converting to the show on PS4 after being an Xbox user within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Converting to the show on PS4 after being an Xbox user

So my first game I was Oakland against weaver and the Angels. Maybe it was a one time deal as I've only played that 1 game so far, but I got no hit till the 7th. Ended up losing 4-1 as I only had 3 hits all game (all singles) what's the best way to approach hitting? Coming from mlb 2k this game definetly you has a learning curve and I'm loving it, but I really wanna get some offense together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Converting to the show on PS4 after being an Xbox user

Use contact hitting with most of your players that aren't homerun hitters. Also try and get in favorable counts where the pitcher has no choice but to give you something to hit. Patience at the plate will really help. It's a tough game but the more you play it will become easier.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

How are you swinging? I'm using the Zone method, but at first I was swinging with the X button which I looked into the controls and X is contact, Square is power...I started to mix it up and was having more success. I did hit a HR with Pedroia last night though with a contact swing.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm in the same boat. Former 360'er to an all out PS4'er now. Picked up the Show for the first time ever, heck my first bb game in 15 years. I went directly to batting practice as I was too scared to play a real game, and went 3 for 98 or something like that. This isn't an easy game. Almost overwhelming to a noob.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
So my first game I was Oakland against weaver and the Angels. Maybe it was a one time deal as I've only played that 1 game so far, but I got no hit till the 7th. Ended up losing 4-1 as I only had 3 hits all game (all singles) what's the best way to approach hitting? Coming from mlb 2k this game definetly you has a learning curve and I'm loving it, but I really wanna get some offense together.
hola fellow xboxer here.

So here's my advice:

Be patient.

Unless you're being thrown a meatball right down the plate, be as patient as possible to work count. Getting into a hitter's count (2-1, 3-1, 3-0) pays off in spades later on because you'll either earn a walk, get a fastball and in the meantime you're making the opposing pitcher up his pitch count.

I've found that personally I'm really patient to start as the game gets longer I start to lose that.

Also the more you play the more you'll be able to pick up how a pitch breaks, so that should help too.

Oh and for buttons, I use X 99% of the time. The 1% is if I guess pitch right and I have a masher at the plate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

sell445's Arena

OVR: 3

I too am a convert. I chose the PS4 over the Xbone because of this game and as a baseball fan, it was a great decision. I use Dynamic difficulty setting and analog hitting while using the pitch meter for pitching. Zone hitting seemed too easy for me and while analog is tougher but you can still be successful by working the count. This game can be hard at times but I enjoy the challenge
Old 05-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks guys. Yea I need to work on being more patient for sure. I'm loving the game the bit I've gotten to play so far. I'll try some of these ideas and hopefully they help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »