Home

pure analog problems

This is a discussion on pure analog problems within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
Rookie

MannTooth24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: pure analog problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlock12
With pure analog, you just use the right stick (back for stride, front for swing) to hit, correct? No use of the left stick for determining pitch location or anything else? I'm new to the show this year and not used to the different options. Also, what batting cameras do you guys use? Seems like I swing at everything. Thanks!
Correct, the left stick doesn't do anything with pure analog.

I only have an issue sometimes, like others have said, with check swings contacting the ball when i don't want it to, but it isn't a huge deal.

To bunt you don't even bring the right stick back. Just hold it forward early, or push it forward at the last second to do a drag bunt.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

I dont use pure analog, i use zone plus analog.

But I think the OP might leave his RS in the neutral position for a split second too long. Thats the only thing i can think of.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #11
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

My problem with pure analog is that 90% of the time, if I pull the stick back to stride, and then if I even flinch one micro-millimeter's worth of stick movement, he will take a big cut at the ball even when I didn't want him to.

My feeling is that in order for it to be a swing, you should have to bring the stick back AT LEAST to neutral, and probably further than that. IMO "neutral" would be a perfect check swing that didn't break the plane, and anything further than that is a swing. How can I swing when I didn't bring the stick forward to swing? If I moved it an incremental, small, unnoticeable amount, why should that count as a swing? It's like the game is saying "haha made you move your finger 1/100th of an inch" rather than just saying "hey nice job to not swing at that borderline pitch, you thought about it but you never brought the stick forward, good job."

This would improve the game 1 million percent if they could figure out this issue, because it's the root of all of my frustrations with the game. I'll never go back to timing hitting because it bores me, but my chosen swing method is also deeply flawed because of this.

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 07-20-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

Yeah that's the "check swing" glitch. Happens on 13 as well and its on analog plus as well. It can drive you crazy in frustration. I had the same problem on 2k9 until they changed the batting mechanic on future titles.

The only way to fix that is to either have an option to turn check swings to "off", or to change the analog system to what they did on 2k10 and beyond.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #13
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

I am ready to throw my controller through my plasma screen if I can't figure out how to fix an issue I am having.

Issue:
Unintended Check Swings instead of Full Swings. (Pure Analogue Hitting).

What the hell am I doing wrong?
I absolutely love hitting this way as opposed to pressing buttons.
My problem is that I will get my stride, swing timed PERFECTLY and then the batter stops swinging half way through (checks).

I have been VERY careful to make sure I am pushing dead nuts straight UP on the stick to swing after pulling it all the way back.

The batter's ratings make no difference as to the occurrence of this. (Even Ty Cobb with 99's in contact, plate discipline, etc.)

Somebody pleases HELP!
Old 07-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #14
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
I am ready to throw my controller through my plasma screen if I can't figure out how to fix an issue I am having.

Issue:

My problem is that I will get my stride, swing timed PERFECTLY and then the batter stops swinging half way through (checks).

I have been VERY careful to make sure I am pushing dead nuts straight UP on the stick to swing after pulling it all the way back.

The batter's ratings make no difference as to the occurrence of this. (Even Ty Cobb with 99's in contact, plate discipline, etc.)

Somebody pleases HELP!
I just had this happen in the 9th inning of a tied RTTS game on a 2-0 hanging curve.

I also have pitches where the stride is either in super slo-mo or doesn't start at all, which gives me very late timing on the stride.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #15
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27

Issue:

Somebody pleases HELP!

Yeah its a check swing bug and its VERY frustrating but NOTHING can be done about it. They have to change the batting mechanic like they did on 2k.

The reason they may be reluctant is after 2k DID make the change, complaints the check swing didn't work properly. Well in my view that's just tough sh## on them. You SWING the bat, its supposed to swing.

If they can't get the check swing right under that circumstance, give people the option to turn it OFF. Anyway, file a Bug Report on the thread on this Site and see what they tell you.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »