Home

Is it me or does some of the facial hair looked rush

This is a discussion on Is it me or does some of the facial hair looked rush within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is it me or does some of the facial hair looked rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Marketing is what they're doing. Every business exaggerate their product a bit, heck even fast food joints hamburgers on commercials look nothing like that when I buy the thing. But who cares, it still taste good, right?

Sent
This! I think we all need to come to grips with some of these expectations. I think the game plays great and for the most part the models/players bear strong likenesses to the real thing. Do some of the stadiums need lighting improved, maybe? I think the chest protectors of the catchers look insanely bad, as do the straps on the catchers & hitters shin guards...however for the awesomeness outweighs the "bad" by miles.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeszcz
This! I think we all need to come to grips with some of these expectations. I think the game plays great and for the most part the models/players bear strong likenesses to the real thing. Do some of the stadiums need lighting improved, maybe? I think the chest protectors of the catchers look insanely bad, as do the straps on the catchers & hitters shin guards...however for the awesomeness outweighs the "bad" by miles.
There is a difference when those "expectations" are created by me or the company. In this case, it was the company. I would not have them if the company did not put them there. Are you saying that to expect a company to deliver what they advertise, is too high an expectation?

Last edited by cadalyst17; 05-08-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
There is a difference when those "expectations" are created by me or the company. In this case, it was the company. I would not have them if the company did not put them there. Are you saying that to expect a company to deliver what they advertise, is too high an expectation?
As Earl pointed out...when you go to a restaurant (fast food or sit down) do you send everything back to the kitchen until what you are served looks like the picture on the menu?

IMO, I feel like I got what was advertised. When I first saw the beards in the promo ads I thought "Wow, that looks pretty cool", but I never thought it was ultra-realistic and still thought it looked a little odd overall, but for a video game it was damn good. I think the stadiums look great, sure some areas are dark and some signs need lit up/adjusted and so forth, but it's not like the game is broken.

Rather than complain about a beard here or there the focused complaints should be on the parts of the game (Online) that right now are just plain broken...at least as of last night for me I wasn't able to connect to any games online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Rather than complain about a beard here or there the focused complaints should be on the parts of the game (Online) that right now are just plain broken...at least as of last night for me I wasn't able to connect to any games online.
in other words, people should focus their complaints on the things that you feel are broken, but not what might bother them? They may not play online, but would like a shiny bouncy beard. Luckily in this forum, SCEA can see the feedback of everyone, even those you may disagree with.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
As Earl pointed out...when you go to a restaurant (fast food or sit down) do you send everything back to the kitchen until what you are served looks like the picture on the menu?.
I know all analogies limp, that's why it is called an analogy, but that is a three legged horse you are riding. I don't go to a restaurant for the looks but for the taste, and I must say it left a bad taste in my mouth

Last edited by cadalyst17; 05-08-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
in other words, people should focus their complaints on the things that you feel are broken, but not what might bother them? They may not play online, but would like a shiny bouncy beard. Luckily in this forum, SCEA can see the feedback of everyone, even those you may disagree with.
I don't necessarily disagree with the OP, for me it's not an overt issue that affects what I think of the game or how it plays. Just like cadalyst has an issue with some of the beards I cringe at the straps on shin guards and chest protectors, they look more sloppily done than the beards IMO, but in the end they don't change how the game plays.

I'm not asking anyone to tailor to what I feel is broken...but from what I'm reading and hearing there are quite a few more people that aren't going to buy this game (or at least will wait) until (or if) the online functionality is fixed as opposed to holding off because of facial hair.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I know all analogies limp, that's why it is called an analogy, but that is a three legged horse you are riding. I don't go to a restaurant for the looks but for the taste, and I must say it left a bad taste in my mouth
Fair enough. Now knowing what the beards look like and hindsight being 20/20 would you still have bought the game?

Honest question though with regard to the cosmetics...if you had a choice would you prefer things with stadium signage & lighting get fixed or the beards? In the other thread about beards someone said they seemed to have gone overboard with the beards and I agree totally. Seems they could've toned down this area to focus more on some of the stadium details the missed. My preference would be for them to do the shin guard straps and chest protectors only because they are visible almost 100% of the time when playing, like I said earlier to me they are terribly done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree with the OP, for me it's not an overt issue that affects what I think of the game or how it plays. Just like cadalyst has an issue with some of the beards I cringe at the straps on shin guards and chest protectors, they look more sloppily done than the beards IMO, but in the end they don't change how the game plays.

I'm not asking anyone to tailor to what I feel is broken...but from what I'm reading and hearing there are quite a few more people that aren't going to buy this game (or at least will wait) until (or if) the online functionality is fixed as opposed to holding off because of facial hair.
I appreciate your opinion but straps were not being advertised in the videos. It was facial hair and the movement. I just want what they said they were going to give.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »