Home

Need help with Created Player!

This is a discussion on Need help with Created Player! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Need help with Created Player!

I made my created player and now can not find him anywhere in the game except for when I go to the LOAD prompt it shows that I created a guy. How do I put him on a roster or use him without doing the road to the show stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Need help with Created Player!

You need to go to Roster Management (Maybe it's called Roster Control - can't remember, not in front of my console right now), go to the team you want to put him on, and choose the Manage Roster option. Click on the name of a player on the team that you want to replace (typically I'll replace one of the low-A ball guys so I keep the main roster in tact), and then choose "Import Position Player" or "Import Pitcher" (depending on which your created player is. Then it will prompt you to choose from your list of created / saved players.

Back out, go to the Data Management screen, click Save, save the roster, and you're done. (I should note - if you do replace a low-A player as I mentioned above, you'll need to make a couple roster adjustments to promote that player to the ML team. You'll likely in turn need to remove someone from the 40-man roster and demote someone from the ML team, things like that. If you'd like to avoid all this you'll just have to import your player in place of someone on the ML team.)
Old 05-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Yesterday I created a player for the first time in a baseball game. What you should know and perhaps don't know is how to get more hot zones for your created player.

At first I created my player with contact at 72 L&R and 42 power L&R. I sent him to the free agent pool. I moved him to my team and decided his overall was too high so I reduced contact from 72 to 64 both L&R.

Next I decided to do him over again and use 64 for contact right away. What I discovered is his H&C zones changed and there were only 4L and 4R hot zones where before there were 4 & 5. Aha! Sooo, you can create him with say 82 contact and get those extra hot zones and then reduce it to make his overall reasonable for a rookie.

I did that and it worked, now he has 6 hot zones L and 6 R total of 12.

The problem is rejecting the idea of doing it again with 98 contact to get more hot zones. Greed is evil...greed is evil...greed is evil....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »