Home

OMG...it is BEAUTIFUL...

This is a discussion on OMG...it is BEAUTIFUL... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2014, 02:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
OMG...it is BEAUTIFUL...

I don't use acronyms lightly.

I have a SONY BRAVIA TV, and I posted a thread about a week ago saying the player models are horribly pixelated. They were. I kept my PS3 version, and would switch between the two of the exact same game...no other way to say it but, they looked like C**P in the PS4 version.

I was very upset with myself for buying this $400 game unit specifically for MLB the Show, and then buying my first day one digital release, only to have it be horrible. It was so horrible, I actually went back to pretty well exclusively playing the PS3 version.

I got so fed up last night, I did an Internet search, and, as usual, found a lot of junk that had no bearing. I did find one specific thing about the main screen for PS4 being very pixelated on the home screen, which is what I had too.

After reading and following the link, I downloaded the firmware 1.54 update (mine was at something like 1.07) for the TV and now...IT IS PERFECT!!!

I couldn't believe how crappy this "next-gen" was, but now I know it was the software for my TV.

HALLELUJAH!!!

If you have a SONY BRAVIA, update it. Trust me, you'll be happy.

(isn't it odd that a "Sony" TV has trouble with a "Sony" console?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: OMG...it is BEAUTIFUL...

what did you do?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 05-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

He updated his TV's firmware.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Do you have a link that explains what you are talking about? I have a Bravia, that is about 3 years old, and I have no clue what you are talking about.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 05-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
Do you have a link that explains what you are talking about? I have a Bravia, that is about 3 years old, and I have no clue what you are talking about.
Your tv has firmware, just like the ps3/ps4 does, that helps add better/new functionality and can help correct issues.

It's always a good idea to make sure any electronic devices you have are running the most current firmware version.

Since your tv is 3 years old you may not be able to update the firmware, but you can check this link to see:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl

With any newer tv that is network enabled (either wifi or lan), you can usually check for a firmware upgrade directly from the tv. It will be either the help menu or troubleshooting menu (usually).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #6
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaBoomer
Your tv has firmware, just like the ps3/ps4 does, that helps add better/new functionality and can help correct issues.

It's always a good idea to make sure any electronic devices you have are running the most current firmware version.

Since your tv is 3 years old you may not be able to update the firmware, but you can check this link to see:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl

With any newer tv that is network enabled (either wifi or lan), you can usually check for a firmware upgrade directly from the tv. It will be either the help menu or troubleshooting menu (usually).

Thank you. I was able to find what I need. However my TV does not have an update. It runs the game fine though, so it's all good. Just wasn't sure if I was missing out on something. Thanks again...

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 05-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

i got to see if my samsung needs to update

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 05-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
Rookie

After spending 3 weeks being really mad that I spent $400 on something worse than the PS3, I have spent the last 2+ days saying, "Wow, that looks great!" to myself more than anything else.

THIS is what I expected; I am so glad I updated it.

(in a way, I wish I had a picture to show of what it was like...honestly, think maybe PS2 or PS1, it really was that horrible with the massive pixelation...PROBLEM SOLVED!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »