Home

Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

This is a discussion on Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Who wins Super Bowl LIV? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
Pro
 
Stolm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Pitcher Control and the overall Difficulty and how it works needs a massive upgrade next year.

Every year its the same thing, Double A and Triple A Pitchers do nothing but throw strikes, and you never see any control issues at these levels. Because of this and because of the way RTTS difficulty works (Double A actually lowering hitting difficulty 1, Triple A being what you have selected, and the Majors increasing difficulty 1 notch) hitting is way too easy, incredibly boring, and average is super inflated at the lower level.

Selected difficulty shouldn't have to be altered behind the scenes to realistically portray the skill between the minors and majors. This should be done with the actual stats of the players.
Stolm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
MVP
 
Heroesandvillains's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Dynamic Difficulty will override the traditional difficulty changes in RTTS.
Heroesandvillains is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
E=MC(2)
 
Mitchrapp's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Verrado, Arizona
Posts: 708
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

I'm getting more walks than I ever had..I use guess pitch. I assumed you are referring to rtts.
__________________
Favorites:

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football


Us ballplayers do things backward. First we play, then we retire and go to work -- Charlie Gehringer

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be -- Wayne Gretzky
Mitchrapp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!
 
Skyboxer's Arena
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 20,064
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
I'm getting more walks than I ever had..I use guess pitch. I assumed you are referring to rtts.
Same here.
__________________
Joshua:
"D.O.D. pension files indicate current mailing as: Dr. Robert Hume,
a.k.a. Stephen W. Falken, 5 Tall Cedar Road, Goose Island, Oregon"


Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Skyboxer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
Pro
 
Stolm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Yes I am referring to RTTS, I'm not noticing any problems in regular play.
Stolm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Pro
 
Stolm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Dynamic Difficulty will override the traditional difficulty changes in RTTS.
Hmmm, not really of fan of the game adjusting difficulty on the fly on the account of slumps and hot streaks. But giving it a try wont hurt.

Absolutely bored out of my mind seeing strike after strike while playing my RTTS.

Edit: not sure if this will affect the control of the pitchers in the minors though. I know that the power stat is the main contributing factor in pitchers pitching around, but they seem to have near perfect control of their pitches. And if they are not pitching around they will never miss the zone.

Last edited by Stolm; 05-08-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Stolm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #7
Pro
 
ScouserHUN's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

I do not use guess pitch, here is what I do to draw walks:

I try to take as many pitches as I can. To tell the truth, I stop playing if I have take percentage under 50%. When I get ahead in the count (2-0, 3-1) I go for the hit. When I get behing in the count (0-1, 0-2) I go defensive and swith to contact hitting. What usually happens is that a pitchers throw balls in a hope that I will chase. I have never seen this with default sliders in past games. Now, they just don't throw that many strikes on 0-2 counts. I try to foul off borderline pitches, but on a 0-2, 1-2 count my main target is to go back to 2-2 and 3-2. If I have a better hitter up, I try to hit on 2-2, but with worse hitters I stay contact on 2-2, in hope of a single or to make it 3-2. And on 3-2 you just need to be very selective.

If you candrive up the pich count (a la Red Sox), and you force the pitcher to throw 20+ pitches an inning, you will get a walk or a big hit.

Playing The Show 14 is better than ever. The game has never been soo good


Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk használatával
ScouserHUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
Pro
 
Stolm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
I do not use guess pitch, here is what I do to draw walks:

I try to take as many pitches as I can. To tell the truth, I stop playing if I have take percentage under 50%. When I get ahead in the count (2-0, 3-1) I go for the hit. When I get behing in the count (0-1, 0-2) I go defensive and swith to contact hitting. What usually happens is that a pitchers throw balls in a hope that I will chase. I have never seen this with default sliders in past games. Now, they just don't throw that many strikes on 0-2 counts. I try to foul off borderline pitches, but on a 0-2, 1-2 count my main target is to go back to 2-2 and 3-2. If I have a better hitter up, I try to hit on 2-2, but with worse hitters I stay contact on 2-2, in hope of a single or to make it 3-2. And on 3-2 you just need to be very selective.

If you candrive up the pich count (a la Red Sox), and you force the pitcher to throw 20+ pitches an inning, you will get a walk or a big hit.

Playing The Show 14 is better than ever. The game has never been soo good


Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk használatával
I'm not having trouble with the fundamentals of drawing a walk, its that I'm not seeing any actual balls being thrown outside the zone. Specifically in the minors in RTTS.
Stolm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.

Top -