Home

HUGE RTTS Issue

This is a discussion on HUGE RTTS Issue within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: HUGE RTTS Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoo2911
Just raise the Manger Hook slider one or two notches to right. Fixed! I Personally have mine on 6.
Yep that's what the sldier is for. It's not a work around it's designed to let people who want pulled later get pulled later or sooner.. etc..
unless I'm missing something here...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

If you adjust the manager hook slider will they always take you out then or will it be only if you are really fatigued and starting to struggle?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep that's what the sldier is for. It's not a work around it's designed to let people who want pulled later get pulled later or sooner.. etc..
The default slider shouldn't make me stay in till I have a horrible inning, can't control pitches and load the bases and effectively inflate my ERA.
I would think the default control would pull me BEFORE 140+ pitches when my energy bar is above 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
The default slider shouldn't make me stay in till I have a horrible inning, can't control pitches and load the bases and effectively inflate my ERA.
I would think the default control would pull me BEFORE 140+ pitches when my energy bar is above 0.
I get what you're saying,
But that's simply a preference.
Some might want the default power slider to have more or less homeruns. etc..
I'm simply saying it's not a "work around" but rather you have the option to set it how you want.That's what sliders are for, to change if you don't like the default setting.

I can't remember if the slider pulls earlier or later due to fatigue or not.
IF it still doesn't pull you due to fatigue then I'd say it's an issue.
I'll have to pay attention next time as I hope it pulls for fatigue..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

This has been an issue with relievers as well. I've created a RTTS closer before and I've been used 3,4,5 innings at a time usually because of extra innings. I distinctly remember being used once for 6 innings.

The game logic when it comes to pitcher management has always been horrid.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
The game logic when it comes to pitcher management has always been horrid.
The 2k series had exactly the same issues with the single player mode leaving pitchers in too long, so it isn't just this game that has issues in this area. Must be hard to program that sort of logic for some reason.

It's very frustrating. I gave up on my pitcher RTTS because of it, but I'm new and didn't know there was a slider to fix the manager yank frequency. I'll adjust it and see how it goes. This message board has been a life saver for a newbie like myself lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #15
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I get what you're saying,
But that's simply a preference.
Some might want the default power slider to have more or less homeruns. etc..
I'm simply saying it's not a "work around" but rather you have the option to set it how you want.That's what sliders are for, to change if you don't like the default setting.

I can't remember if the slider pulls earlier or later due to fatigue or not.
IF it still doesn't pull you due to fatigue then I'd say it's an issue.
I'll have to pay attention next time as I hope it pulls for fatigue..
I'll definitely play around with that slider. Was not aware of it. If it fixes it, then I'll be happy. I still think it needs to be addressed tho, from a realism standpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
The 2k series had exactly the same issues with the single player mode leaving pitchers in too long, so it isn't just this game that has issues in this area. Must be hard to program that sort of logic for some reason.

It's very frustrating. I gave up on my pitcher RTTS because of it, but I'm new and didn't know there was a slider to fix the manager yank frequency. I'll adjust it and see how it goes. This message board has been a life saver for a newbie like myself lol.
Same here, love this message board. Anytime there is an issue there are always knowledgeable people on here with an answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'm a Show veteran and I can tell you it's not an adequate fix. What happens is that it goes too far in the other direction. The CPU pulls starters in the 5th inning (any starter that gives up 3 runs in 5 innings is probably going to be pulled) and it leads to where situations where 3 relievers end up pitching one inning because they keep getting pulled as soon as they give up a hit.

What I do now is that I end up making bullpen switches for the CPU (always in their favor). I rarely let their relievers go more than 2 innings, I set up lefty on lefty matchups like managers do in real life, and I basically try my best to bring the best reliever they have for the specific situation into the game.

But I shouldn't have to do this. I shouldn't have to control the opposing team's bullpen to get realistic results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »