Home

Quick Counts and Pitch Counts (205 NP??)

This is a discussion on Quick Counts and Pitch Counts (205 NP??) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 04:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quick Counts and Pitch Counts (205 NP??)

I know there have been other threads about pitch counts with QCs on, but this is a bit different. Just threw a complete game with Shields, 153 pitches. The in game count said 153 and just to be sure I went through the game log which has totals for each inning, added those up, and it was 153.

I then looked at the pitcher analysis and it only showed 80-something. I assume this screen only shows the pitches I actually threw, not the simmed ones, so that's fine.

But then in the loading screen after the game (after I hit exit, loading back to franchise front-end) it showed Shield's stats and it said "205 NP", and I'm 99% sure NP means number of pitches thrown.

Anyone know what's up what that?? I haven't noticed it before. Am I missing something or some weird bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Rookie

dburba's Arena

Re: Quick Counts and Pitch Counts (205 NP??)

I have noticed that the pitch counts on quick count are really absurd. I had an experience similar to yours, CG with Cliff Lee where he threw 150 or so pitches. It's especially startling for me because I usually only throw 70-80 pitches a game without quick count.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
Banned

I had this same problem. Pitched 7 complete innings with Chris Tillman last night..Threw 105 pitches and while the loading screen was up after the game the stats said 168 NP. Has to be a glitch of some sort.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Matty Largo's Arena

I also noticed this last night. Was pretty sure I threw around 95 pitches and after the game the NP showed 145.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

On release night, I was one out away from a perfect game with Gerrit Cole before giving up a hit to Rollins and ended up throwing 103 pitches. Then afterwards it said I threw 150...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, the pitch-counts are bugged right now in the post-game screen with quickcounts. I'm hoping a patch can fix something like that.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Interesting to hear that this seems to be happening to everyone else as well.

Does anyone know if this effects anything in franchise mode, like any other stats or whatever? I took a quick look and everything seemed OK. It doesn't look like they track NP in any stats screens outside of an actual game.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

just started a game with 3-2, 3-2, 0-2 quick counts, and i myself saw 3 pitches from the cpu, but then it said he only threw 10 pitches so far.....im confused
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »