Home

Not Hitting For Power

This is a discussion on Not Hitting For Power within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Not Hitting For Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwenny
Yes, it applies for pure analog and zone plus analog (stick). When using Timing or zone (buttons), you press the corresponding button to produce the act of swinging. Hope this helps.
So IOW if I am using analog, I press Square for power, then use the analog stick to swing?

BTW, is there a difference between selecting Contact compared to not selecting anything? IOW is contact the default swing type? Or is it a different swing when you do contact vs choosing nothing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
So IOW if I am using analog, I press Square for power, then use the analog stick to swing?

BTW, is there a difference between selecting Contact compared to not selecting anything? IOW is contact the default swing type? Or is it a different swing when you do contact vs choosing nothing?
Yes. Before the pitch you choose what kind of swing you want, x for normal,square for power, O for contact. You should feel your controller vibrate with each selection. I use analog too, feels like you are actually swinging the bat.
LA DODGERS
Old 05-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #27
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm through my first month using the Rockies and currently have 8 homers with Tulo and 6 with Cargo. I've been using whatever the default hitting is called and actually hit a couple using contact swings!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #28
Rookie

I have been playing the show since MLB 09 the show --- always with my hometown nats. This year I have had the least homeruns ever. I am hitting aprox. 1 1/2 HR ever series. Conversely, I am getting a lot more bloops and hard grounders for base hits than ever before. Has the power been toned down? I do not think I have changed my hitting approach, and hit more with the 100 loss nats in MLB 09 than I am with their powerful 2014 lineup.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm110
I have been playing the show since MLB 09 the show --- always with my hometown nats. This year I have had the least homeruns ever. I am hitting aprox. 1 1/2 HR ever series. Conversely, I am getting a lot more bloops and hard grounders for base hits than ever before. Has the power been toned down? I do not think I have changed my hitting approach, and hit more with the 100 loss nats in MLB 09 than I am with their powerful 2014 lineup.
Maybe you can tune it up how you like using custom sliders?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #30
Rookie

I use zone+timing hitting --- is that keeping my power numbers lower or is it just a slump? I have never had a great feel for analog but wouldnt be opposed to giving it another shot. I know zone hitting would be too easy for me on veteran -- I am getting double digit hits and winning, just would like my power numbers to be a bit higher and on par
Old 05-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #31
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Wait...is this vs the CPU or human players?

You can't use Timing vs humans online from what I know....it switches to zone so that could be a problem.

You may also want to make the pitching difficulty harder if you have a lot of user games. Otherwise, users will be pinpointing their pitches all game and making it even harder for you to hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #32
Rookie

sorry im talking about my season vs cpu

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »