Home

Not Hitting For Power

This is a discussion on Not Hitting For Power within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Not Hitting For Power

I'm having some real trouble hitting the ball hard in the online franchise I'm in. All Star difficulty, timing hitting and I use guess pitch every pitch. I have Trout, Stanton, Freeman, Werth and Myers and have only hit two homers in a month and a half (playing one out of every series) with Stanton and one with Myers and all have been JUST over the fence. I always use the default swing button unless I guess the pitch where I use power if it's down the middle and contact when I'm down 2 strikes. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I've never had this problem before so it's bugging me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Not Hitting For Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I'm having some real trouble hitting the ball hard in the online franchise I'm in. All Star difficulty, timing hitting and I use guess pitch every pitch. I have Trout, Stanton, Freeman, Werth and Myers and have only hit two homers in a month and a half (playing one out of every series) with Stanton and one with Myers and all have been JUST over the fence. I always use the default swing button unless I guess the pitch where I use power if it's down the middle and contact when I'm down 2 strikes. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I've never had this problem before so it's bugging me.
What's the other teams stats that are in the league (Human)

As far as GP, if you don't guess correctly you take a hit in contact etc..
So there may be times you could have hit the ball better but didn't because you guessed wrong.
I never use GP and rarely use power swing(and still have good HR and hit numbers) so I'm assuming it's still the same way where you take a hit when guessing wrong.. unless they've changed that over the years.

If other players are getting better power numbers in your league then ..??

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

switch to analog controls on veteran, with no guess pitch and you'll will start to crush the ball. 6 games into my franchise my team already has 16 homers, which is outrageous.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Definitely try to lay off the GP if possible. I only use to protect on occasion on an 0-2 or 1-2. youre better off looking for a hittable pitch without using it in a good count.

The hit you take in timing mode seems to be greater than other modes, because you cant move the pci on your own.

Id also move to Vet, I like hitting with Timing on Vet, its more forgiving.

Also could bump power up a notch or two. might give you more pop. a click or two wont turn you into a home run machine, so might be worth checking out
Old 05-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I have definitely noticed a decrease in powerful hits going from Veteran up to All-Star.

So if you want to see more of those, I would recommend lowering the difficulty to Veteran.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks guys, I understand how setting up pitches works so I predicted pitches a ton but didn't seem to get much help power wise. I guess I'll lay off of that and try bumping power a little bit. I don't really wanna down the difficulty because I'm still winning a lot of games because of my pitching.

I appreciate the help, guys!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I have definitely noticed a decrease in powerful hits going from Veteran up to All-Star.

So if you want to see more of those, I would recommend lowering the difficulty to Veteran.
I have not I am hitting too many homeruns and not enough other type of hits. Baseball things tend to average out over a long season.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #8
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

I'm having a similar issue online. All of my swings have been very early. I get that the online is a mess right now, but I thought the whole point was to get hitting and pitching feeling like it was local and I feel like I've heard the devs say this is the case and its only fielding/baserunning anomalies. I've found out that that is incorrect and the hitting and pitching is nowhere near correct. So as a result almost all of my contact has been with bad timing so its very weak even though I am right on pitches visually.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 05-09-2014 at 06:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »