Home

Simming RTTS games

This is a discussion on Simming RTTS games within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Simming RTTS games

Do you guys sim some of your RTTS games whether it's in AA, AAA, or The Show? If so, how many games do you play/sim? Do you have a system you use? I don't want to play every game if possible.

Also do you get less points by simming games than playing them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Re: Simming RTTS games

Almost 200 views and no responses at all?

Not even a "do some thread searching"?? Serious?

(and yes i did search threads for this, but they're 4-5 years old)
Old 05-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #3
Just started!

Hilltop's Arena

OVR: 0

Personally, I don't sim any RTTS games. Only because I like to have 100% "realism" and know that all my hits, HR, RBI, etc., were done by me. Really its personal preference I suppose....but for your other question, yes you do get less training points when simming a game compared to playing it.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:17 AM   #4
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

I never sim from the menu since you get less points, you get more this year, but if you want to save time the best way is to just enter the game, then exit. Longer than simming, but less time than playing the game and you get more points than a normal sim.

I'll usually have two RTTS going at any one time. One I try to play "realistically" as an RPG. The other I only hit and crank up the sliders, lower the difficulty and hit .700 to rack up training points. Just speeds up the process so I can make the player I want. I'll bank points and make a save and then I have a base player I can mold any way I want.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:10 AM   #5
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

I don't sim any of the games. They go so quick as a non pitcher. I mean it lasts like 10 minutes. Why sim them?

And if you are a SP you only play every 4 to 5 games. You only play in 26-34 games. And those only take 30-45 minutes each. And if you are a CP you play more games, but again only play like 10-15 minutes per game.

I guess I just don't see the point in simming and getting stats you didn't earn yourself since you really are not saving time by doing so.

With my 3B I can play 2a bout 8-10 games in an hour, depending on how well I do (how often I am stuck on base hoping a cpu player does well). Or how many times I get a play called for me in the field.

With my SP I can play two games in a 90 minute play session.

Unless you have your settings to watch the full game, but not sure why you would do that for a full season. I normally turn that on if my team makes the postseason. I don't have time to watch the cpu play the cpu. It gets in the way of me having fun, lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #6
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
I don't sim any of the games. They go so quick as a non pitcher. I mean it lasts like 10 minutes. Why sim them?

And if you are a SP you only play every 4 to 5 games. You only play in 26-34 games. And those only take 30-45 minutes each. And if you are a CP you play more games, but again only play like 10-15 minutes per game.

I guess I just don't see the point in simming and getting stats you didn't earn yourself since you really are not saving time by doing so.

With my 3B I can play 2a bout 8-10 games in an hour, depending on how well I do (how often I am stuck on base hoping a cpu player does well). Or how many times I get a play called for me in the field.

With my SP I can play two games in a 90 minute play session.

Unless you have your settings to watch the full game, but not sure why you would do that for a full season. I normally turn that on if my team makes the postseason. I don't have time to watch the cpu play the cpu. It gets in the way of me having fun, lol.
10 min x 100+ games per season. You calculate how many hours that is. It saves a ton of time. Not everyone can spend 40+ hours just to get to the big leagues. Throw in all the time in the menus and loading (which take a while on PS4) and it's even longer.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:18 AM   #7
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
10 min x 100+ games per season. You calculate how many hours that is.
Its 27 (up to 40, depending on 10-15 game sessions) hours to play the entire season. I'm not trying to play them all in one day, lol. I play for a hour or two here and there. I get the full season done in one month. Good enough for me.

Last edited by Zac; 05-10-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I never sim from the menu since you get less points, you get more this year, but if you want to save time the best way is to just enter the game, then exit. Longer than simming, but less time than playing the game and you get more points than a normal sim.

I'll usually have two RTTS going at any one time. One I try to play "realistically" as an RPG. The other I only hit and crank up the sliders, lower the difficulty and hit .700 to rack up training points. Just speeds up the process so I can make the player I want. I'll bank points and make a save and then I have a base player I can mold any way I want.
Really? You can make points with one RTTS player and use them on another one? Ummm, why didn't i think of this!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »