Home

framerate is extremely disappointing

This is a discussion on framerate is extremely disappointing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: framerate is extremely disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Just turn on fast play which will do away with the cut scenes if it bothers you.
I do play on Fast Play but i'd prefer not to. The thing is most of us want to watch the cutscenes smh. The presentation is a huge part of the game. When playing on fast play it completely eliminates lots of cool stuff even the homerun celebrations. I personally would like to experience all the game has to offer (gameplay & presentation) but the frame rate is so bad at times that it kills the immersion for me. Hopefully this is something that can be patched because otherwise the game is great.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySoxFan
Am I the only one who has these issues during actual gameplay. It doesn't happen on RTTS but my franchise is definately affected by choppiness and stutters during games, not just on cutscenes.
NO, I have it too....
Old 05-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do other games on PS4 using similar resources have frame rate issues? If so, I guess I am seriously concerned about my purchase of the PS4. Or is it just the game?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davee926
Do other games on PS4 using similar resources have frame rate issues? If so, I guess I am seriously concerned about my purchase of the PS4. Or is it just the game?

Thanks.
I have only played a few PS4 games but NBA 2k14 is silky smooth so is FIFA 14. So smooth game play is certainly possible.

Also I realized there is a FPS drop when pitching at night from broadcast view. I remember seeing this issue with the last game. During the day though pitching from broadcast view is very smooth.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #77
Pro

You have to understand they went up and beyond with the level of detail. Zoom in on the grass and you'll see. This all uses processing power. While I don't notice any hitches while playing, there are definitely transition issues on the replays.. Specifically a double play, when the camera switches, it freezes.

This game makes my ps4 sound like a vacuum if I play for over 20 minutes. So yeah, the game is using a lot of processing power.. It even causes my home screen to lag when backing out.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:27 AM   #78
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I've been running the games on both PS3 and PS4 at the same time, and switching between the two on the same monitor it's pretty noticeable that while the picture is much sharper and detailed on PS4, the frame progression isn't as smooth. It's not cut scenes... during the gameplay.

Is the PS4 version actually running at a lower frame rate? It feels a bit like how The Show looks on Vita, not the picture quality but the frame rate.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:49 AM   #79
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1

I think the PS4 version is at 30 FPS honestly maybe 45. Like the Vita version I need to increase the timing window with sliders when I've never needed to on PS3.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Old 05-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
Also I realized there is a FPS drop when pitching
for me, doesn't matter what time of day, I get crazy frame rate drop if I am "too zoomed in" to the pitcher. I had a custom camera that was RIGHT behind the mound but kept the entire pitcher in the screen, and was angled up a bit to get a sweet backdrop of the crowd behind the plate...

sadly, that lasted all of of 3 pitches. it looked awesome, but the stuttering of everything from the windup to the ball flight to the batter's swing was brutal.

zoom back out a few feet, problem gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »