Home

For those using bad teams.

This is a discussion on For those using bad teams. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 03:15 AM   #9
Rookie

Buckaloo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For those using bad teams.

as someone over the years who struggled with similar issues the above advise is gospel....I'd start by setting hitting difficulty to rookie til youre too good then go dynamic as it adjusts to make it easier if you suck a few times in a row then moves up as you do better. Eventually you'll end up with the difficulty you want, but by then you'll have the hang of it and it won't matter anymore
Old 05-11-2014, 03:47 AM   #10
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon11 Re: For those using bad teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I play as the Cubs and their lineup is simply terrible. I am having a nearly impossible time scoring runs and just now, finally won my first game since I bought MLB 14. I won 3-1 (Jeff Samardzija had a 3-run homer). I had gone 32, yes 32, consecutive innings without scoring a run (or hitting an extra-base hit) up until that point.

I'm a veteran of The Show but this year seems more difficult than ever for me to generate runs. I'm curious for anyone else using the Cubs, or maybe the Astros (basically a really bad team), are you having trouble scoring?

I really don't mind this if it's just the fact that my players suck. Because it will be fun to rebuild and see my team become better at offense over time. However, if I eventually get some quality hitters and I'm still going game after game without an extra base hit and going two, three, or even five games without scoring a run I'm going to start thinking that it's not my hitters but perhaps some kind of game mechanic.

I know there's been threads before about low-scoring games and I have to say that I feel that this year it is more difficult than ever to score. For the record I play on Hall of Fame for pitching and All-Star for hitting.

I play as the Cubbies every single year and I can't wait to start my franchise - I haven't started because I'm a "roster-whore" and want all the *little details* perfect (stances, equipment, etc, etc...) before I even begin.

I'm with ya - it's extremely difficult playing as our favorite team (Cubs) but it's quite realistic...

Yes, I'd love to win the World Series (or just make the playoffs) every single year with my Cubbies, but it just hasn't happened and I actually prefer it because I am a *sim* player. (I physically control all teams and set their lineups/rotations for every single game played, every day - just like IRL)....it's taxing as I have NEVER finished an entire season.

*and I REFUSE to play with quick counts as I want to "experience" the ENTIRE at-bat.

I'm *SIM* all-the-way ... it's frustrating to play as them every year...but I don't care...I enjoy EVERY minute of it...even if I get upset....it's the ups-and-downs (mostly downs for Cubbies...lol)..... I FEEL YOUR PAIN sir!

GO CUBBIES!
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 05-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #11
Rookie

aldon_47's Arena

OVR: 2

I could be way off base here but maybe it has something to do with the fps difference on the ps4? For me, it takes some time to adjust to a different console (picked up the vita this year) and even though I don't realize it, butmy eyes don't adjust to the smoothness and resolution of different screens too quickly. I play on AS with the sane slider set across the board and there is definitely an adjustment period.

Or I'm completely crazy and its all in my head haha!

Edit: something else I thought of, is the game pace any different from other games? I saw in another thread that guys were having trouble since they don't have the Slow setting this year and its changed their whole routine at the plate. I don't know, just a thought.

Last edited by aldon_47; 05-11-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #12
Rookie

Hi Gagnon,

While I'm not directly addressing your hitting woes, I strongly recommend dynamic difficulty. This incremental difficulty adjustment has really found a sweet spot for me.

To answer your power swing question - I probably press square once per 10 games. It never works out, even if I'm 2-0 or 3-1. Normal swing gets me enough homers and doubles as-is.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #13
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

As always I use the Cubs also, and I highly recommend dynamic difficulty. I fluctuate between HOF and All Star + on pitching, and high to low All Star on hitting. The nice thing is it adjust as you adjust, and for me that's has been an awesome experience so far. Obviously I want the game to be realistic, but I want to enjoy the experience also.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #14
Rookie

CastroRizzoBaez's Arena

I play with the Cubs too. I'm 0-3 with a .218 batting average. Not a lot of high points.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #15
Rookie

Football073's Arena

Is it just me or does rizzo always does amazing in my franchise i simmed year 1 and he hit 37 hrs this season he has hit 3 in the first 4 games. He also won MVP in one of my 13 the show franchises
NCAA- Ohio St.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #16
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
For those using bad teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football073
Is it just me or does rizzo always does amazing in my franchise i simmed year 1 and he hit 37 hrs this season he has hit 3 in the first 4 games. He also won MVP in one of my 13 the show franchises

It's the same for me - after 17 games on the PS4 version, the Rizz is hitting .413 - 4 HRs - 18RBI - 8 walks. In the PS3 version of this years game he was hitting .312 - 16HRs - 52RBI - 19 walks - this was done over the course of 57 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »