Home

Missing animations from previous versions

This is a discussion on Missing animations from previous versions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Missing animations from previous versions

While I'm loving the smoothness and aesthetics of this game on PS4 (aside from the framerate stutters and graphics glitches), there's one thing that's really bothering me like crazy.

Why in the world did they actually remove animations that were there in previous versions???

Specifically, I'm thinking about Dustin Pedroia's walk-up animation and his between-pitch rituals. They've been perfect since '09 when he recorded his actual mannerisms. I never, ever expected it to be removed!

Now instead he has the default hand-in-the-air Jeter thing, which for some reason is default assigned to nearly every player in the game. What's that all about, anyway?

It makes me wonder if any other animations have been removed, which makes me cringe. Is this bothering anybody else at all, also???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Missing animations from previous versions

Just saw Pablo Sandoval go through his pre at-bat routine so what you're saying about removal of animations is not entirely true.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

I never said ALL the players had their routines removed. David Ortiz still has his. I said Pedroia's is clearly gone and it makes me wonder if any other players lost signature animations.

Apparently Panda did not, which is great news for Giants fans.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

That is definitely weird. I wonder if someone with knowledge on the topic can comment as to why Pedroia's animations were removed.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Its apparently part of them pacing up the game, I presume for new players or casual fans which they apparently think all of us are.

These are quasi-related issues, but I believe focus on these type of things were sacrificed for some reason. No one knows yet why they've done things like this.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...play-mode.html

Last edited by @legendm0de; 05-12-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

Legendm0de, that's an explanation that troubles me because I think you might be right. But even if they were trying to speed things up, why remove the animation completely? There's still a walkup animation, albeit a generic one (which resembles Jeter, of all people). Why not leave in the better one? Then, even when things go fast, the one or two times you DO see the walkup, it's the most authentic one available.

Btw, I couldn't agree more with what you're saying in your thread. Hardcore The Show fans have always been ravenous for the most accurate sim possible. The introduction of Quick Counts and the option for Fast Play are great alternatives when you don't have time, but they shouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »