Home

Pitching & Base running Strategy

This is a discussion on Pitching & Base running Strategy within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
Rookie

AWS88's Arena

OVR: 4
Pitching & Base running Strategy

I've played this series for many years, and while i've managed to get by, I can safely say i'm lacking when it comes to pitching. No matter who I use, I always seem to get shelled, or have a massive pitch count because i'm usually forced to nibble around the corners.

I would love to get somewhat comfortable in regards to pitching, so hopefully you guys can give me some pointers on pitching strategy, rather than game mechanics. I've used pulse pitching since it was introduced (on HOF difficulty), and usually have trouble stopping the circle at its smallest point. That being said, it is still very random, so I would consider switching to Classic pitching if necessary.

Specifically, I would like to know what you guys have found success with as far as pitch location with specific pitches. For example, do you only throw hard stuff inside, and stay on the outside with changeups and breaking balls? Of course, I understand changing speeds and locations, but I seem to get killed when I pitch anywhere but low and away, so i'm assuming i'm doing something wrong.

As far as base running goes, how do you manage to steal? The second I take an extra step, they throw over. What counts do you guys run on? How often do you run? Base running is by far the worst area of my game, so any input here is appreciated.

Hopefully any replies here can help myself and some others having any trouble.

Thanks in advance

(Before anyone says it, lowering pitching difficulty isn't an option. I've always had an easy time on AS difficulty, so I just want to get better on HOF)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »