Home

I thought the trade logic was fixed?

This is a discussion on I thought the trade logic was fixed? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #49
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I thought the trade logic was fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
All I know is 6 years into a Franchise, no team in the league (other than me, who stays way under budget) has enough budget space to do anything. And virtually all of my trades are rejected, nothing ever "fits our strategy". Even when the ratings are comparable. Then the CPU turns around and asks me for my 86 rated RP in exchange for a 67 rated 29 year old?

I understand that the trade logic will have flaws. But the budgeting is still a huge issue for the game.

In 6 years, no one has offered me a trade deal for a player I've placed on the trade block.
That's interesting to hear about the budget being an issue. I remember early on a lot of people were saying the budgets became so large for every team that you had teams that were usually small-market teams signing and trading for superstars they couldn't afford in real life.

Watch me play video games
Old 05-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #50
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
All I know is 6 years into a Franchise, no team in the league (other than me, who stays way under budget) has enough budget space to do anything. And virtually all of my trades are rejected, nothing ever "fits our strategy". Even when the ratings are comparable. Then the CPU turns around and asks me for my 86 rated RP in exchange for a 67 rated 29 year old?

I understand that the trade logic will have flaws. But the budgeting is still a huge issue for the game.

In 6 years, no one has offered me a trade deal for a player I've placed on the trade block.
What rosters are you using? I have tested with many types of rosters. I feel budgets are much better. There will be teams that spend every last dollar, but most teams have 6-25 million available.

When are you proposing these trades. July 1st is when team strategies change. A playoff push team is looking to add and a rebuild team will dump vets.

Many times in trading the cpu tends to want more than they are giving up. Ratings are also subjective to the position. An 87 shortstop is worth more than an 87 first baseman. contracts in the game reflect that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #51
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
I thought the trade logic was fixed?

I just simmed to spring training of 2020 using osfm v 2. Here is the available budget room per team.
Bal 9.41. Chiw. 1.71. Ana 19.19
Bos 41.71. Cle. -1.34. Oak. -11.92
Nyy 62.36. Det. 52.94. Sea. 26.07
Tb 1.01. Kc. 12.06. Tex. 15.26
Tor -6.31. Min. 14.38. Hou. 9.66

Atl -8.72. Chi. 7.08. Ari 5.21
Mia 17.13. Cin. -1.69. Col -3.45
Was -7.57. Mil. -11.52. Lad 97.13
Nym 3.89. Pit. .64. Sd. 10.57
Phi. -5.96. Stl. 11.61. Sf. 24.65

I think big teams should spend more money, but I don't think budgets are the issue in regards to trades. I do agree RP are too heavily valued, what bothers me the most is players being traded 3-4 times a season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 05-14-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 12:55 AM   #52
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

For anyone wondering if the trade logic is broken or not, the Astros just trades Scott Feldman and Matt Albers for Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano.

The trade logic is still very much broken. Thank goodness for 30-team control.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there anyway to turn on 30 team control or disable trades after the franchise is already started?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #54
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

Joe Mauer was traded in my franchise as well.

Twins Get:

SP Jameson Taillon (Top 50 Prospect) Age: 22 Potential: A Overall: 79
SP Tyler Glasnow Age: 20 Potential: A Overall: 64

Pirates Get:

1B Joe Mauer
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #55
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
That's interesting to hear about the budget being an issue. I remember early on a lot of people were saying the budgets became so large for every team that you had teams that were usually small-market teams signing and trading for superstars they couldn't afford in real life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
What rosters are you using? I have tested with many types of rosters. I feel budgets are much better. There will be teams that spend every last dollar, but most teams have 6-25 million available.

When are you proposing these trades. July 1st is when team strategies change. A playoff push team is looking to add and a rebuild team will dump vets.

Many times in trading the cpu tends to want more than they are giving up. Ratings are also subjective to the position. An 87 shortstop is worth more than an 87 first baseman. contracts in the game reflect that.
I'm using the rosters that came with the game, so maybe that's the problem lol

I didn't realize that about the Team Strategy. I'll keep better track of that. How do you check the budgets of other teams?

And I agree, the CPU just seems hellbent on G'ing you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
At least I haven't seen Miguel Cabrera traded for Colby Rasmus
I offered Caleb Gindl for Matt Holliday. I also didn't know that it would AUTOMATICALLY be accepted if they agreed. I thought I would have the option to back out of the trade.

Needless to say, Holliday now starts for the Brewers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »