Home

I thought the trade logic was fixed?

This is a discussion on I thought the trade logic was fixed? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #65
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: I thought the trade logic was fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
Joe Mauer was traded in my franchise as well.

Twins Get:

SP Jameson Taillon (Top 50 Prospect) Age: 22 Potential: A Overall: 79
SP Tyler Glasnow Age: 20 Potential: A Overall: 64

Pirates Get:

1B Joe Mauer
I could be fine with a trade like that IF the Twins or out of contention and the Pirates are making a Playoff Push. Mauer for a RP is just absurd though. I don't know how anyone can make sense out of that one. Question for you baseball historians out there - Has there ever been a All Star caliber player traded for a single RP midseason??

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #66
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I could be fine with a trade like that IF the Twins or out of contention and the Pirates are making a Playoff Push. Mauer for a RP is just absurd though. I don't know how anyone can make sense out of that one. Question for you baseball historians out there - Has there ever been a All Star caliber player traded for a single RP midseason??
The Twins are 14 games out of first and the Pirates are 5 games back of first.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #67
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
The Twins are 14 games out of first and the Pirates are 5 games back of first.
If I'm using the Twins, I'm accepting that trade then. Reluctantly, of course, but it's it isn't called rebuilding for nothing.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #68
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
But if you do 30 team control don't you have to offer the CPU trades? Do they make them own their own?

And I am playing RTTS right now and that is something you can't do in that mode.
30 team control is a misnomer. It just ALLOWS you the option to step in. If you set one profile up with everything auto and use that for the other 29 teams, it is the exact same thing as single team control.

You can turn trades off and on at any time, by turning trades from auto to manual.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #69
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

It's not the exact same thing as single team control. U have to sim every CPU game each day to get working out of town scoreboards and tickers, not to mention all the email alerts for the CPU teams. Prior to each game u have to move your controller to "your" team cause the mode thinks every team is your team.... They are all little things but bothersome enough . I would really like a true single team franchise with commissioner trade control, or the ability to tune the frequency of CPU trades during the season
Old 05-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #70
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
It's not the exact same thing as single team control. U have to sim every CPU game each day to get working out of town scoreboards and tickers, not to mention all the email alerts for the CPU teams. Prior to each game u have to move your controller to "your" team cause the mode thinks every team is your team.... They are all little things but bothersome enough . I would really like a true single team franchise with commissioner trade control, or the ability to tune the frequency of CPU trades during the season

I have those things on a wishlist to forward for 30 team control. Knight and I have discussed check boxes for games to play so others would be simmed, and a toggle for email alerts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Now for those who comment that it is incredibly hard to make a realistic trade AI (which I understand), then how does a game like OOTP get trade AI as close to realistic as possible?

I remember playing that game and seeing very realistic trades being done between AI-controlled teams, and the AI rejecting unfair trades that I offer. I never saw any insanely unrealistic trades like Mauer for one B-rated RP, or Buxton and Sano traded for a couple journeymen pitchers, when the Twins are not even in contention.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »